Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Postby Misfit » Thu December 18th, 2008, 1:28 am

"SonjaMarie" wrote:On the island we're on the water, we have to main streets on either side of our "block" and the water is right next to them. So it can be snowing hard up the hill from us but we can either have a little or none at all.

SM

I forgot you're on the island, for some reason I always think of you being out on the KP, and they always get hit with snow, more than most anyone else (except Bellingham that is :) )

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Thu December 18th, 2008, 1:30 am

"Misfit" wrote:I forgot you're on the island, for some reason I always think of you being out on the KP, and they always get hit with snow, more than most anyone else (except Bellingham that is :) )

LOL! I wish I could forget I was on the island! I don't like living here.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Postby Misfit » Thu December 18th, 2008, 1:53 am

"SonjaMarie" wrote:LOL! I wish I could forget I was on the island! I don't like living here.

SM

I'd not like to be dependent on the ferries to get me to and fro, but then the lifestyle is a bit quieter eh?

Susan
Bibliomaniac

Postby Susan » Thu December 18th, 2008, 2:30 am

"Misfit" wrote:Well the snow was a non-even today. I'm just "down the hill" from SeaTac and its raining at the moment, although they say it's supposed to cool down again and turn to snow.

Thanks for the weather update at SeaTac. Hopefully my daughter's plane will be on time. I'm going to the airport directly from school as it is close by and I don't relish the idea of waiting there for hours. I will bring a book of course. I literally just finished A Question of Guilt and now I have to go upstairs and look at my TBR shelves and choose a book to read.
~Susan~
~Unofficial Royalty~
Royal news updated daily, information and discussion about royalty past and present
http://www.unofficialroyalty.com/

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Thu December 18th, 2008, 2:35 am

Watching King 5 News and apparently some places did get a lot of snow.

SM
My Booksfree Queue

Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Postby diamondlil » Thu December 18th, 2008, 9:22 am

We had our Christmas lunch at work today. It took over an hour for all the food to be served, even though we pre-ordered, they ran out of some dishes, and the food was average! Oh, and now it is repeating on me!

Chances are we won't be eating there again.
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: A Suitable Vengeance by Elizabeth George & The Dark Angel by Elly Griffiths
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime

Postby Madeleine » Thu December 18th, 2008, 11:51 am

"diamondlil" wrote:We had our Christmas lunch at work today. It took over an hour for all the food to be served, even though we pre-ordered, they ran out of some dishes, and the food was average! Oh, and now it is repeating on me!

Chances are we won't be eating there again.

My mum once went somewhere for a Xmas dinner, and they actually ran out of turkey! :eek: And her group had booked and everything....

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Postby Misfit » Thu December 18th, 2008, 2:59 pm

"Madeleine" wrote:My mum once went somewhere for a Xmas dinner, and they actually ran out of turkey! :eek: And her group had booked and everything....

That's pretty bad. I hoped they comped some meals.

Susan, the snow started in earnest this morning. I think I've got an inch or two so far in the valley but they've got more up north. Keep those fingers crossed.

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Thu December 18th, 2008, 5:44 pm

It snowed here as well, there's new snow on the ground outside and guess what, they actually had school today! So yesterday when there was no snow, no school, today snow, today school. Weird!

SM
My Booksfree Queue

LCW
Compulsive Reader

Postby LCW » Thu December 18th, 2008, 5:55 pm

This morning I woke up to a wonderful surprise....the garbage can had been knocked over and garbage was all over the kitchen and dining room...including flour and powdered sugar from baking christmas cookies..it was all over the place! Arrrgh!! Looks like my two Savannah cats were busy last night...and I'm sure the dog joined in as well. I swear those two cats are brats!! My fiance didn't take out the full garbage can like he was suppossed to last night. My Savannahs can't resist a full garbage can with all its treats and goodies! I cleaned up what I could in the time but I have to mop the floor again when I get home! Everyone, including the fiance, is grounded for a month!!!! :P
Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them. --Arnold Lobel

Return to “Chat”