Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Postby Divia » Thu December 11th, 2008, 10:41 pm

A snowplow took down my mailbox :mad: I am so not amused.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

AuntiePam
Reader

Postby AuntiePam » Fri December 12th, 2008, 2:57 am

Ahhhhh, snow. :) I'm on the city council in the little town where I live, and for the first time in our town's history, we need a snow ordinance because of one family that has more cars than garage space. They leave their cars in the street and the snowplow can't clear it.

We're having a dickens of a time trying to write something reasonable, something that gives the family and the snowplow operator some leeway.

Sigh. The pressures of government. Now I know what Obama's going through. ;)

nona
Bibliophile

Postby nona » Fri December 12th, 2008, 3:12 pm

Wed I wake up and go about my routine with the girls getting ready for school and everything but I feel chilled, not cold cause the thermostate read back 70 degrees but just chilly feeling. so at noon I head out the door for work with that feeling and an oncoming headache the size of Texas. an hour and half later my teeth are chattering non-stop and my right hand is shaking and I can't stop it. I told my boss, sorry but I got to go. I had to pull over on the side of the highway and have my husband come get me, by that time I was shaking violently all over. I get home in a scalding hot tub of water and notice my finger tips are blue and so are my toes!! I go to the Doctor.....he says I have some kinda unknown virus infection, they draw a few tubes of blood and send me home, but I can't work or go out for a week!!!
I feel like tis should be an episode for Eleventh Hour or something.

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Wildflowers by Harriet Evans & The Loving Cup by Winston Graham
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime

Postby Madeleine » Fri December 12th, 2008, 5:21 pm

Sounds scary! Hope you feel better soon Nona.

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Fri December 12th, 2008, 5:42 pm

Wow, Nona, that sounds awful! I've had some weird sicknesses in my past so I know how scary they can be. Be better soon!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

nona
Bibliophile

Postby nona » Fri December 12th, 2008, 6:05 pm

Thank you. Aside from slight dizziness when I first stand or sit up and no appetite I feel ok, not great but alot better already.

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Fri December 12th, 2008, 7:08 pm

"nona" wrote:Thank you. Aside from slight dizziness when I first stand or sit up and no appetite I feel ok, not great but alot better already.

That's good to hear. I hate it when I get dizzy, every thing seems to go slanty! I get vertigo now and then, not fun!

On Dec 2nd I preordered my present from my mom, the book on the Tudors and Stuarts in film, from DeepDiscount. It was supposed to be released on the 9th and I thought I had already been charged for it, but now the charge is missing and the thing at DD says it was still Processing. So I called and they said they were out of stock and couldn't tell me when more were coming in.

I had them cancel the order an reordered it at Amazon and I hope that when they say "IN STOCK" they mean it, because it's supposed to be under the tree for me on Christmas! SIGH!

SM
My Booksfree Queue

Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Sat December 13th, 2008, 1:40 am

The wind is blowing hard. Why do these storms seem to come on Fridays?! The one 2 years ago did as well. Here's to not disappearing for a few days!

SM
My Booksfree Queue

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Postby Misfit » Sat December 13th, 2008, 1:53 am

"SonjaMarie" wrote:The wind is blowing hard. Why do these storms seem to come on Fridays?! The one 2 years ago did as well. Here's to not disappearing for a few days!

SM

I was just thinking about you, it's blowing here as well, although they're calling off the snow predictions for the lowlands.

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Sat December 13th, 2008, 2:00 am

"Misfit" wrote:I was just thinking about you, it's blowing here as well, although they're calling off the snow predictions for the lowlands.

Thanks, it's nice to be thought about! Hope you are doing well as well! I wish they'd call off the cold weather predicted! If we lose power is going to be hellish with the cold. Last time Mom, Harm, Jasper and I were all on my bed in the evenings to try to keep warm together.

SM
My Booksfree Queue

Return to “Chat”