Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: Heavenfield by L J Ross & Lost for Words by Stephanie Butland
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime

Postby Madeleine » Tue December 9th, 2008, 12:14 pm

Sorry to hear about your knee, Misfit - at least you'll have plenty of reading to keep you occupied! Hope it's a bit easier for you soon.

sweetpotatoboy
Bibliophile

Postby sweetpotatoboy » Tue December 9th, 2008, 3:48 pm

Oh my goodness me. You poor thing - it can happen in a second. Get well soon.

"Misfit" wrote:Serious knee damage (no surgery thank God), two nights in the hospital with lots of good drugs (not worth it though.....) and I'm quite housebound for the forseeable future. It was quite a challenge getting me up the stairs without putting any pressure on the right foot let me tell you.

Mara
Scribbler

Postby Mara » Tue December 9th, 2008, 4:31 pm

Hope you feel better soon, Misfit!

Worst thing today - I'm ill! Hate being clogged up. Got it from my new hubby who suffered last weekend. Typical! :p

Sorry haven't been here in a while - with two wedding do's to organise, 24 hours in a day aren't enough! One wedding down 1 1/2 weeks ago, just one do to go next week! Phew! :rolleyes:

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Postby Divia » Tue December 9th, 2008, 11:17 pm

Misfit, I hope your recovery is quick! Thats so not cool :(

The worst thing for me today was..I lost a book. I have no idea where the book is, I was in the middle of it and poof its gone! :mad:
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Postby Misfit » Tue December 9th, 2008, 11:22 pm

"Divia" wrote:Misfit, I hope your recovery is quick! Thats so not cool :(

The worst thing for me today was..I lost a book. I have no idea where the book is, I was in the middle of it and poof its gone! :mad:

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts. Divia, I hope you find the book nothing can be worse than being in the middle of a story and you can't go back to finish it :mad:

Susan
Bibliomaniac

Postby Susan » Tue December 9th, 2008, 11:29 pm

"Misfit" wrote:I just might make the 100 book read challenge on goodreads after all :)

Susan your new avator reminds me of Anna and the King, or am I mistaken?

It's actually Queen Victoria and Prince Albert at Christmas. I had to shrink it and cut out the kids to fit the avatar requirements. Here's a larger photo.

~Susan~
~Unofficial Royalty~
Royal news updated daily, information and discussion about royalty past and present
http://www.unofficialroyalty.com/

michellemoran
Bibliophile

Postby michellemoran » Wed December 10th, 2008, 12:17 am

Feel better, Misfit!!!!
Visit MichelleMoran.com
Check out Michelle's blog History Buff at michellemoran.blogspot.com

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Survivors by Kate Furnivall & The Corset by Laura Purcell (Pigeonhole)
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favorite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Postby Vanessa » Wed December 10th, 2008, 8:44 am

Lovely picture, Susan.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

princess garnet
Bibliophile

Postby princess garnet » Wed December 10th, 2008, 7:17 pm

Our reading room stinks because there was a minor flood outside of the side entrance. Maintenance has been cleaning up most of the time.

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Thu December 11th, 2008, 6:52 pm

They're predicting rain, snow, a lot of wind and very cold weather this weekend and coming week. I don't now if it'll be as bad as it was wind wise like two years ago, but if I disappear for a few days then it's because we have no power, sigh!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

Return to “Chat”