Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

Brenna
Bibliophile

Postby Brenna » Mon August 27th, 2012, 3:16 pm

"Madeleine" wrote:I can so sympathise too, it's horrible. Hope you're feeling better now.

I like LH's idea of a belated celebration.

I think everyday should be our birthday but I agree that rescheduling another day is a good idea. You have my sympathies-I miss work once a month because of this.
Brenna

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Mon August 27th, 2012, 6:15 pm

I wish I could miss work because of it but I wake up at work. Going through it now and have a nasty headache to boot.

DianeL
Bibliophile

Postby DianeL » Mon August 27th, 2012, 8:56 pm

Belated birthday - yes, my brother and I always agree, the late gifts and things only mean b-day OT, and that's just more fun. Hoping you can enjoy something soon - and that your 40th year will bring much more joy than its opening day. :) And hoping you FEEL BETTER!!!

I'd taken today off as a stress day, but have been eaten up with a headache and some dizziness myself. All this and I started off at the dentist, having him drill down some bonding! That was not as wretched as it might sound (drilling, for me, is a piece of cake; it's routine after 35 years of bonded teeth), but DRIVING and having to be out and run errands was unpleasant. I've gotten two short naps and am "better" but still not feeling all that spiff. *Bleah*
Last edited by DianeL on Mon August 27th, 2012, 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To be the queen, she agreed to be the widow!"

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.
---Medieval Kingship, Henry A. Myers

http://dianelmajor.blogspot.com/
I'm a Twit: @DianeLMajor

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Wed September 5th, 2012, 2:40 am

Our oldest got a death threat on the school bus. Not a good way to start the year.

Nefret
Bibliomaniac
Favorite HF book: Welsh Princes trilogy
Preferred HF: The Middle Ages (England), New Kingdom Egypt, Medieval France

Postby Nefret » Wed September 5th, 2012, 3:35 am

Finding out the expensive cost of dental work. Yikes!
Into battle we ride with Gods by our side
We are strong and not afraid to die
We have an urge to kill and our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
WE´LL FIGHT TILL THE END! And send our enemies straight to Hell!
- "Into Battle"
{Ensiferum}

fljustice
Bibliophile

Postby fljustice » Wed September 5th, 2012, 4:04 pm

"LoveHistory" wrote:Our oldest got a death threat on the school bus. Not a good way to start the year.

Indeed, a horrible start to the year. Busses were the bane of our existence even with a matron to maintain control. I was so happy when Hannah got old enough to take public transportation!
Faith L. Justice, Author Website
User signature picture

DianeL
Bibliophile

Postby DianeL » Fri September 7th, 2012, 12:16 am

LH, that is shocking! Will you be reporting this??

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Sun September 9th, 2012, 3:20 am

"DianeL" wrote:LH, that is shocking! Will you be reporting this??

I did right away. Haven't yet heard anything back but I do know they are working on the issue. They talked to my son the next day to get more information, and he's been allowed to sit closer to the front of the bus until the matter is resolved. There haven't been any other incidents.

We went to an open house at his school and his math teacher mentioned their efforts to prevent bullying and make sure each student feels safe. I didn't say anything about the bus threat, but I was glad to hear that.

There was also presentation Friday night in our community by a man whose son took his own life over being bullied. We found out about it from the middle school principal, who encouraged students and parents to attend. Our district does take these matters very seriously.

DianeL
Bibliophile

Postby DianeL » Wed September 12th, 2012, 11:47 pm

So glad to hear that, LH. Here's hoping his year (and yours!) will be very good.

Amanda
Compulsive Reader

Postby Amanda » Sat September 22nd, 2012, 2:31 am

Thursday: had to go to hospital. I developed a hernia during my last pregnancy but it didn't bother me often and I could just push it back in if it did. But this time was different, really uncomfortable and could not push it back in. Got to hospital before the true pain began. So got surgery that night. Turns out a loop of small bowel had got trapped and if they had waited until the morning I would have been in a really bad way and might have had to have part of my small bowel removed. Lucky! So stuck in hospital for a few days. I have just been allowed to have my first real solid food though! Sick of jelly and juice.

Return to “Chat”