Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Sat August 18th, 2012, 4:16 am

"MLE" wrote:Thanks all. I'm consoling myself by diverting unspent vacation money to updating our bathroom.
Diane, I had already bought my space at HNS London, but to my delighted surprise, they refunded the whole amount to paypal a day after I told them I couldn't attend. HNS is a very class act.

Well that was very nice of them!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Sat August 18th, 2012, 8:12 pm

How very disappointing, MLE!

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Postby Divia » Mon August 20th, 2012, 9:23 pm

So I did a presentation in front of my peers today and I think I blew it. They were kind and said I didnt, but I'm pretty sure I did. :(
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

DianeL
Bibliophile

Postby DianeL » Mon August 20th, 2012, 11:56 pm

"MLE" wrote:Thanks all. I'm consoling myself by diverting unspent vacation money to updating our bathroom.
Diane, I had already bought my space at HNS London, but to my delighted surprise, they refunded the whole amount to paypal a day after I told them I couldn't attend. HNS is a very class act.

Living with a tiny one built in 1950 and only updated with a new light fixture, a new bathroom does sound like a good consolation prize. Very good to hear about the refund - definitely a class act indeed.
"To be the queen, she agreed to be the widow!"

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.
---Medieval Kingship, Henry A. Myers

http://dianelmajor.blogspot.com/
I'm a Twit: @DianeLMajor

fljustice
Bibliophile

Postby fljustice » Tue August 21st, 2012, 3:10 pm

"Divia" wrote:So I did a presentation in front of my peers today and I think I blew it. They were kind and said I didnt, but I'm pretty sure I did. :(

That sucks, Divia, but I'm sure you didn't do as badly as you feel. We're always harder on ourselves.
Faith L. Justice, Author Website
User signature picture

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Mon August 27th, 2012, 2:49 am

Let's see, I had a mega migraine on my birthday, though by the end of the night I was starting to feel better, but then at 2 something in the morning, I woke with excruciating stomach cramps (ladies know what I mean), so much so I vomited and had other symptoms (oye!). After taking some strong pain pills I could finally go back to sleep around 5ish, and I slept most of the next day. Spent most of that evening with a heating pad on my stomach. So it hasn't been the best introduction to 39!

SM
Last edited by SonjaMarie on Mon August 27th, 2012, 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Booksfree Queue

Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Postby Divia » Mon August 27th, 2012, 3:19 am

"SonjaMarie" wrote:Let's see, I had a mega migraine on my birthday, though by the end of the night I was starting to feel better, but then at 2 something in the morning, I woke with excruciating stomach cramps (ladies know what I mean), so much so I vomited and had other symptoms (oye!). After take some strong pain pills I could finally go back to sleep around 5ish, and I slept most of the next day. Spent most of that evening with a heating pad on my stomach. So it hasn't been the best introduction to 39!

SM

:(

That sucks. I'm sorry SM. Not fun at all. Did you have plans for your birthday?
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.

http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Mon August 27th, 2012, 3:23 am

"Divia" wrote: :(

That sucks. I'm sorry SM. Not fun at all. Did you have plans for your birthday?

Thanks Divia.

The migraine started the on the 22nd, and I was still in pain when I tried to go to bed, so I took some Vicodin, which didn't let me sleep, so I was better in the morning just very tired, but I still went to my bday lunch with mom and Harm and then slept the afternoon.

SM
My Booksfree Queue

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Mon August 27th, 2012, 4:26 am

"SonjaMarie" wrote:Let's see, I had a mega migraine on my birthday, though by the end of the night I was starting to feel better, but then at 2 something in the morning, I woke with excruciating stomach cramps (ladies know what I mean), so much so I vomited and had other symptoms (oye!). After taking some strong pain pills I could finally go back to sleep around 5ish, and I slept most of the next day. Spent most of that evening with a heating pad on my stomach. So it hasn't been the best introduction to 39!

SM

I do know what you mean. I have a great deal of trouble with that problem myself.

So sorry that your birthday was taken up by unpleasantness. Maybe you should reschedule. I know that probably sounds funny but you could celebrate some other time to make up for it. A cupcake and a new book or something.

Hope you're feeling better now.

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: Sycamore Gap by L J Ross & The Furthest Station by Ben Aaronovitch
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime

Postby Madeleine » Mon August 27th, 2012, 10:24 am

I can so sympathise too, it's horrible. Hope you're feeling better now.

I like LH's idea of a belated celebration.
Currently reading "Sycamore Gap" by L J Ross & "The Furthest Station" by Ben Aaronovitch

Return to “Chat”