Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

fljustice
Bibliophile

Postby fljustice » Mon June 18th, 2012, 6:23 pm

Had a sadist for PT today. I normally don't complain too much about pain, but this woman had me wanting to give away state secrets to make it stop! :o
Last edited by fljustice on Tue June 19th, 2012, 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faith L. Justice, Author Website
User signature picture

DianeL
Bibliophile

Postby DianeL » Tue June 19th, 2012, 1:41 am

Faith, I'm so sorry. If they rotate PTs, here's hoping they will come up with a better one hext time!

My worst thing today is the headache. Meh.
"To be the queen, she agreed to be the widow!"

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.
---Medieval Kingship, Henry A. Myers

http://dianelmajor.blogspot.com/
I'm a Twit: @DianeLMajor

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Postby rebecca » Tue June 19th, 2012, 1:59 am

Sorry to hear about your beloved pet Diane...It's just heartbreaking to watch them suffer. I do hope the painkillers work for her and that she'll be alright.

Some of the books were so old that libraries wouldn't have wanted them, but I did save the one's in better condition for the libraries, I simply haven't had time to go to the library. I have a feeling due to the economy that our house may not sell :( so will desist from packing too much in case there is no sale.

I did pack my faves in one very large plastic container and was full to the brim and that was only two shelves from one bookcase :eek: ....I need a lot of buckets :p :D and yep Brenna if I move the books come with me :D

Bec :)

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Dark Angel by Elly Griffiths
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime

Postby Madeleine » Tue June 19th, 2012, 8:41 am

Sorry to hear about your headache, Diane - I had one on Sunday and it was a humdinger from hell. Hope you feel better soon. How's your doggy, is she any better?
Currently reading "The Dark Angel" by Elly Griffiths

DianeL
Bibliophile

Postby DianeL » Wed June 20th, 2012, 8:04 pm

Rebecca and Madeleine, thank you! Siddy is stable and okay now - eating better, which was becoming my real issue with her once the pain started to regulate.

The carpet treads I bought for our steep, hardwood stairs arrived just today, so I've got a bit of tacking in the very near future. They'll soften the steps and give her some traction, too.

My mom came over yesterday and this morning to look in on her "granddog" while I was taking a very mini-vacation with my oldest friend and her husband and boys. She seems to have taken my being gone for a day and some change in stride - heh.

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Dark Angel by Elly Griffiths
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime

Postby Madeleine » Thu June 21st, 2012, 8:43 am

Glad Siddy is feeling better!
Currently reading "The Dark Angel" by Elly Griffiths

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Postby rebecca » Fri June 22nd, 2012, 2:09 am

"DianeL" wrote:Rebecca and Madeleine, thank you! Siddy is stable and okay now - eating better, which was becoming my real issue with her once the pain started to regulate.

The carpet treads I bought for our steep, hardwood stairs arrived just today, so I've got a bit of tacking in the very near future. They'll soften the steps and give her some traction, too.

My mom came over yesterday and this morning to look in on her "granddog" while I was taking a very mini-vacation with my oldest friend and her husband and boys. She seems to have taken my being gone for a day and some change in stride - heh.

That's good news Diane and I hope you enjoyed your break.

Bec :) PS: May Siddy continue to improve

rockygirl
Avid Reader

Postby rockygirl » Sun June 24th, 2012, 8:12 pm

I look worse the day after a spa day then I did the day before. I've been going to the same place for years, but maybe it's time for a change.
Currently reading Cocaine Blues.

Ludmilla
Bibliophile

Postby Ludmilla » Wed June 27th, 2012, 11:36 pm

A yellow jacket just stung me on my toe which ruined my peaceful evening reading on my patio.

DianeL
Bibliophile

Postby DianeL » Wed June 27th, 2012, 11:46 pm

Headache KEEPS getting worse since the tornado. Weather has been sickeningly beautiful since it hit, but difficult to enjoy with an increasingly throbbing headbone to contend with. And tomorrow we jump 10 degrees, and this weekend promises three-digit heat. *Pleh*

(On the bright side, the Sid-ster is SO well right now, we had an almost normal walk last night - and she's asking for another one now! So we're off ...)

Return to “Chat”