Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

Ken
Compulsive Reader

Official Bulletin

Postby Ken » Thu April 12th, 2012, 2:28 pm

It has been announced by a spokesperson for Chateau Ken that to the general relief of all, his lordship is making a full recovery, just in time to leave for his palace in the South of France on Sunday.

His lordship wishes to thank all those who expressed their genuine sympathy and blows raspberries at those who didn't :p

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: Christmas Lights by Karen Swan & The Christmas Card Crime and other stories
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime

Postby Madeleine » Thu April 12th, 2012, 3:28 pm

Glad you're feeling better, enjoy your holiday - from a serf stuck in rainy London.
Currently reading "Christmas Lights" by Karen Swan & "The Christmas Card Crime and Other Stories"

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Thu May 31st, 2012, 4:57 pm

Waking up at 4 something with a bad tooth ache, couldn't find my Anbersol, ended up taking two Vicodin, which didn't really let me sleep well, but it killed the pain, though now then I get twinges of it. Still a bit out of it :P

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: A Rising Man by Abir Mukherjee & The Blue by Nancy Bilyeau (Pigeonhole)
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favorite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Postby Vanessa » Thu May 31st, 2012, 6:14 pm

Oooh dear, SM! Sounds very painful. I'm told a little bit of whisky swilled round your mouth can help! I've never had toothache but am told it's like nothing else.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

DianeL
Bibliophile

Postby DianeL » Fri June 1st, 2012, 2:02 am

Gracious, Sonja, how dreadful. I hope you can get in and get taken care of!!
"To be the queen, she agreed to be the widow!"

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.
---Medieval Kingship, Henry A. Myers

http://dianelmajor.blogspot.com/
I'm a Twit: @DianeLMajor

DianeL
Bibliophile

Postby DianeL » Fri June 8th, 2012, 12:28 am

I apologize for being a double poster. Again.

Lolly-pup is not doing well, she's having a lot of pain in her legs and/or hips. The painkiller we got on Friday has not helped her. I had to carry her up and down the stairs and stoop this morning, it's just heartbreaking. And this is a pretty sudden, extremely fast deterioration. She's got me worried.

She's not the only one. A family I love very dearly are in a process of dissolution, and the kids don't even know yet. Speaking of heartbreaking.

Having no power to help, and watching a dear creature suffering and unable to express herself, is unutterably frustrating.

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Fri June 8th, 2012, 12:31 am

Oh Diane! I am sorry to hear that Lolly-pup is unwell. And also about that family. Hugs.

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: A Rising Man by Abir Mukherjee & The Blue by Nancy Bilyeau (Pigeonhole)
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favorite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Postby Vanessa » Fri June 8th, 2012, 9:09 am

Sorry to hear about Lolly-pup and about the other family troubles. Has the vet given a diagnosis?
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

DianeL
Bibliophile

Postby DianeL » Fri June 8th, 2012, 8:33 pm

Vanessa, we have a painkiller and I need to get her some glucosamine/condroitin (... sp?) supplements. So far the prescription seems to do a minimal amount of good, but I have heard a few people say the supplement does help.

She's part husky and part American bull, and each of these breeds has hip issues. She's fourteen, and has always been astoundingly healthy - JUST last week she was a spry as ever, and the vet even kept saying, "you're not fourteen!" to her. This has been a really fast deterioration, I do hope it is temporary but am prepared if it isn't. *Sigh*

Brenna
Bibliophile

Postby Brenna » Fri June 8th, 2012, 8:46 pm

Diane I'm sorry! I know how difficult it is to see your animal children in pain and not being able to do anything about it. I hope she has back to her "spry" self.
Brenna

Return to “Chat”