Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Dark Angel by Elly Griffiths
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime

Postby Madeleine » Thu September 8th, 2011, 9:00 am

Sorry to hear about your tumble, sounds like you need lots of icepacks. Hope you're feeling better soon.
Currently reading "The Dark Angel" by Elly Griffiths

Brenna
Bibliophile

Postby Brenna » Thu September 8th, 2011, 1:01 pm

Thanks everyone! I actually ended up spilling boiling soup on my arm the same night. It was just one of those days where I should have just stayed under the covers!! It's funny now, picturing myself falling head first into a puddle and coming up spuddering (is that a word?). Not so funny then!

Everything is recovering nicely except the calf muscle. Will likely have to call the doctor and see what's going on.

Hope everyone else is having a great day though!
Brenna

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac

Postby Madeleine » Thu September 8th, 2011, 1:03 pm

Oh poor you! Keep an eye on that soup injury though, was it a scald? Sometimes that can play up later on, even though you think it's not too bad, as it sort of goes under the skin.

Stay in bed for the rest of the week!

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Thu September 8th, 2011, 4:12 pm

Thanks for all the well wishes. This is my first day back on my computer, I was just too sick to do much the last week, including not reading (which really sucked). The after effects of the surgery was awful. I was in a lot of pain, constant migraines and headaches, and I'm still not supposed to blow my nose til next Tues. I hope I never go through this again, it was seriously one of my worst weeks!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

Brenna
Bibliophile

Postby Brenna » Thu September 8th, 2011, 6:50 pm

awww SM I'm so sorry you've had such a rough time of it. Try to keep reminding yourself that it will all be worth it in the end! After they taking all of the packing out, you'll feel loads better!! I promise! Take care of yourself and just relax as much as you can (easier said that done I know).
Brenna

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favorite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Postby MLE (Emily Cotton) » Thu September 8th, 2011, 7:01 pm

Sorry for the misery, SM and Brenna.

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Thu September 8th, 2011, 8:53 pm

Sending healing thoughts to Brenna and Sonja. Feel better you two.

LoobyG
Compulsive Reader

Postby LoobyG » Thu September 8th, 2011, 9:03 pm

Hope you're both feeling better soon SM and Brenna! :)

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac

Postby Madeleine » Fri September 9th, 2011, 9:14 am

Hope you feel better soon Sonja, at least the surgery is over, and hopefully once you feel better you'll appreciate it.

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Road To Newgate by Kate Braithwaite & Darling Blue by Tracy Rees (Pigeonhole)
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favorite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Postby Vanessa » Fri September 9th, 2011, 9:29 am

Hope you feel better soon, SM. It's a pity you don't feel like reading, as that would take your mind off it. Perhaps a good film instead accompanied by your favourite food and hot drink. You need distraction.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Return to “Chat”