Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Postby Divia » Sat September 11th, 2010, 2:09 am

Yesterday: Dog attacked the chickens. Stray dog I believe. A lot are wounded, some badly. Dunno how many will live.

Today: Smoeone broke into my car and stole my ipod.

Spiffy.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: Christmas Lights by Karen Swan & The Christmas Card Crime and other stories
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime

Postby Madeleine » Sat September 11th, 2010, 10:42 am

that's horrible about the chickens, I hope some of them at least are OK.
Currently reading "Christmas Lights" by Karen Swan & "The Christmas Card Crime and Other Stories"

Miss Moppet
Bibliophile

Postby Miss Moppet » Sat September 11th, 2010, 10:59 am

"Divia" wrote:Yesterday: Dog attacked the chickens. Stray dog I believe. A lot are wounded, some badly. Dunno how many will live.

Today: Smoeone broke into my car and stole my ipod.

Spiffy.

:( :mad: Sorry to hear this Divia. I have never heard of a dog attacking chickens before, usually it's foxes over here. Theft from cars is sadly all too common though. A friend of mine had her satnav stolen from her car.

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Postby Divia » Sat September 11th, 2010, 3:12 pm

"Madeleine" wrote:that's horrible about the chickens, I hope some of them at least are OK.

Thanks. Yeah some are OK. I'm keeping a close eye on them.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.

http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Sat September 11th, 2010, 11:00 pm

I hope the chickens make it. Sorry about your iPod.

fljustice
Bibliophile

Postby fljustice » Sat September 11th, 2010, 11:44 pm

Sorry about the chickens. My sister has lost a lot of chickens to raccoons, of all things! Also about the iPod. I've had all kinds of stuff stolen from my car. When my car was stolen several years ago, I gave up! It's bike or subway for me.
Faith L. Justice, Author Website
User signature picture

annis
Bibliomaniac

Postby annis » Sun September 12th, 2010, 1:00 am

Sorry about your chickens, Divia. We have lost chickens over the years, usually to stoats which create a bloody havoc horrible to sort out and involving having to kill the ones that are just gruesomely injured. Only once had a dog attack- the neighbours' lovely friendly little terrier who brought me one of our chickens he'd just killed, looking very pleased with himself :(

Sounds like you had one of those days!

rockygirl
Avid Reader

Postby rockygirl » Sun September 12th, 2010, 1:03 am

Sorry to hear about the chickens. How are they doing?

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: A Rising Man by Abir Mukherjee & The Blue by Nancy Bilyeau (Pigeonhole)
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favorite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Postby Vanessa » Sun September 12th, 2010, 10:39 am

That's awful news about your chickens, Divia. Hope they have recovered. We used to keep chickens but don't any more due to the upset it caused when the foxes got them.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Michy
Bibliophile

Postby Michy » Fri September 17th, 2010, 2:16 pm

Got a call last night that one of my cousins was killed in a car wreck yesterday. He was only 50 or 51. We are a fairly large tribe of cousins, and he is the first of my generation in my family to pass away, so I'm having kind of a hard time processing it.

Return to “Chat”