Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Sun May 30th, 2010, 5:51 pm

"boswellbaxter" wrote:The Target in our town (where my father works) was the scene of what seems to have been a murder-suicide this morning. My father is OK, but it's creepy because we shop at this Target nearly every day.

Oh my how scary! Glad your father is ok!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Postby Misfit » Sun May 30th, 2010, 6:02 pm

"SonjaMarie" wrote:Oh my how scary! Glad your father is ok!

SM

That always creeps me out when something like that happens at a place you're at on a regular basis.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Anna Elliott
Compulsive Reader

Postby Anna Elliott » Sun May 30th, 2010, 6:41 pm

Oh my goodness, how awful! So glad your father is okay. I know exactly what you mean about how scary that sort of thing is--when I was in college someone went on a shooting spree on our campus and killed 2 people right where I would have been walking to class if I hadn't been running a few minutes late that morning.
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]
Author of the Twilight of Avalon trilogy
new book: Dark Moon of Avalon, coming Sept 14 from Simon &Schuster (Touchstone)
[/COLOR]
User signature picture

http://www.annaelliottbooks.com

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Sun May 30th, 2010, 10:19 pm

I can't imagine how that must feel. Glad your dad is ok though, BB.

Miss Moppet
Bibliophile

Postby Miss Moppet » Sun May 30th, 2010, 10:35 pm

"Misfit" wrote:That always creeps me out when something like that happens at a place you're at on a regular basis.

My brother was in student accommodation in the Toxteth area of Liverpool at one point - and I was mightily relieved when he moved, because there were two murders on his route home while he was living there.

Glad your father is okay SM.

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Sun May 30th, 2010, 10:56 pm

"Miss Moppet" wrote:My brother was in student accommodation in the Toxteth area of Liverpool at one point - and I was mightily relieved when he moved, because there were two murders on his route home while he was living there.

Glad your father is okay SM.

Not my father Mopp, BB's father. I wish mine was still alive, sigh.

SM
My Booksfree Queue

Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

Miss Moppet
Bibliophile

Postby Miss Moppet » Sun May 30th, 2010, 11:04 pm

"SonjaMarie" wrote:Not my father Mopp, BB's father. I wish mine was still alive, sigh.

SM

My bad, SM, didn't read the thread properly. (I remembered about your father but thought you must mean a stepfather. I still talk about my parents when I really mean my father and stepmother, mother being dead).

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Sun May 30th, 2010, 11:05 pm

"Miss Moppet" wrote:My bad, SM, didn't read the thread properly. (I remembered about your father but thought you must mean a stepfather. I still talk about my parents when I really mean my father and stepmother, mother being dead).

My birth father was never really in the picture, so Nick was the only father I really knew. He was my mother's first husband and my sister and brother's birth father.

It's ok hugs!

SM
My Booksfree Queue

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Thu June 3rd, 2010, 5:11 am

I lost a 24 Roll package of toilet paper today.

Mom and I went to the store today, and after we had finished checking out with our other stuff, mom reminds we need TP, so I go and get some, pay for it, and that's the last thing I remember about it, until she asks where it is and I can't for the life of me remember.

I call the store but no one turned it in and the driver of the Access van that took us home has stopped for the day and of course it's a temp, not an islander.

Thankfully the store said I can bring in the reciept and get a new package.

Talk about losing ones mind.

SM
My Booksfree Queue

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Road To Newgate by Kate Braithwaite & Darling Blue by Tracy Rees (Pigeonhole)
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favorite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Postby Vanessa » Thu June 3rd, 2010, 9:07 am

How strange! You didn't go for a coffee somewhere and leave it behind? Mind you, I wouldn't have thought it would be something you could mislay easily!! LOL. You don't think someone else has taken it accidentally on purpose??
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Return to “Chat”