Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Postby Divia » Sun February 28th, 2010, 3:11 pm

"nona" wrote:lol, the fat police fireman must have issues! maybe he didn't get his cream filled donuts that morning.

:D I am thinking you maybe right. He could also be sore cause he was called away from a big college basketball game. He was moody.

I get what I did was wrong. But I just think it was blown out of proportion. Tell me I'm a moron, tell me Im bad and then send me on my way.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Sun February 28th, 2010, 5:25 pm

Are fire hoses made of such shoddy materials that a vehicle backing over one could actually puncture it? I don't understand. Were there spikes on your tires?

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Postby Divia » Sun February 28th, 2010, 6:23 pm

"LoveHistory" wrote:Are fire hoses made of such shoddy materials that a vehicle backing over one could actually puncture it? I don't understand. Were there spikes on your tires?

One wouldn't think so! And last I knew no there were no spikes on my tires ;)

He was just throwing his weight around, telling my step father he was going to be charged for the hose(which wasnt broken to my knowledge). My step father didnt run over it..I did.

All I know is I run over my garden hoses all the time and they still work. :p

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Sat March 6th, 2010, 4:43 pm

Still reeling from yesterday's meeting, and our resulting decision to homeschool our youngest son. Lots to do before Monday.

Chatterbox
Bibliophile

Postby Chatterbox » Mon March 15th, 2010, 10:45 pm

Just learned that one of my high school history teachers died after heart surgery. She must have been in her 80s by now, but was a fascinating person. She and her husband met during the runup to D-Day in 1944 -- he is now the last surviving member of the D-Day planning team; the meteorologist who helped make the final call whether or not to press ahead on June 6 or wait for a month. It just reminded me that while we talk about long-distant history on this forum, with every year that passes, more of our own past moves into the realm of history, beyond recall by anyone who experienced it first-hand.

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Postby Divia » Tue March 16th, 2010, 11:21 pm

That sucks. I'm sorry Chatter.

Well, once again its budge time and once again my job is on the chopping block. I just got back to the high school. I dunno what I will do if I'm gone.

Chatterbox
Bibliophile

Postby Chatterbox » Wed March 17th, 2010, 2:28 am

Fingers crossed...

nona
Bibliophile

Postby nona » Wed March 17th, 2010, 2:56 am

had an interveiw today didn't go so hot...they really want me and I'm not crazy about the job but it would work till I was on my feet and could go back to college and finish my degree. Anyhow, they need me for a very early shift and that wont work with my husbands current shift and the time the time the girls go to school.

ah well something will come along.

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Wed March 17th, 2010, 3:22 am

"Divia" wrote:Well, once again its budget time and once again my job is on the chopping block. I just got back to the high school. I dunno what I will do if I'm gone.

Sending good thoughts your way!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

michellemoran
Bibliophile

Postby michellemoran » Wed March 17th, 2010, 6:11 am

I'm very sorry to hear that, Chatterbox. It is a great loss on a personal level, and for history as well.

And Divia, I'm very much crossing my fingers for you.
Visit MichelleMoran.com
Check out Michelle's blog History Buff at michellemoran.blogspot.com

Return to “Chat”