Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Lark Rise to Candleford

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Lark Rise to Candleford

Post by Divia » Thu February 3rd, 2011, 2:28 am

I dont have BBC America, so I just recently stumbled across the tv show Lark Rise to Candleford. Is anyone else watching it? I love it, and I'm going to start season 2 soon. I learned there was only 4 seasons(lame).
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Thu February 3rd, 2011, 9:16 am

Lark Rise to Candleforth is currently being shown on the TV in the UK. It's quite a popular programme over here so it would be sad to see it ending.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

sweetpotatoboy
Bibliophile

Post by sweetpotatoboy » Thu February 3rd, 2011, 9:39 am

I really like this show. It's pretty saccharine, but nicely and sweetly done.
I'm always behind and am currently watching series 2. But they're currently broadcasting series 4 and have confirmed it will be the final one.
A bit of a shame, but I think they're right to call it a day and leave on a high, rather than drag out the formula till its popularity starts dipping.
I'm sure it's an expensive show to film and a big commitment for the large cast. They can all be proud of themselves and move on to other things.

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Thu February 3rd, 2011, 11:02 am

I wish there were more period drama tv shows. . I don't think there has been one in America since Dr. Quinn.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Elizabeth
Avid Reader

Post by Elizabeth » Thu February 3rd, 2011, 1:05 pm

I haven't seen the TV show but the book is one of my all-time favorite comfort reads... not so much for the story as for the setting and wonderfully detailed depiction of a lost way of life. I'll have to look for the TV episodes!
THE RED LILY CROWN: A Novel of Medici Florence.
THE FLOWER READER.
THE SECOND DUCHESS.

www.elizabethloupas.com

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Thu February 10th, 2011, 2:19 pm

This one's on my list. I saw the preview on the Cranford discs and it looks wonderful.

Return to “Movies, Television, Radio, and Music”