Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Dog trainning question

N. Gemini Sasson
Reader

Post by N. Gemini Sasson » Thu January 13th, 2011, 4:07 am

[quote=""Divia""]
After a few days she has realized that when we go out in the pen she needs to do her thing. I have to stand there, but I dont have to walk with her like I once had to. Today I was shoveling and she ran away and did her thing.[/quote]

Oooo, very pretty girl! Sounds like she's doing better and maybe it was just the nerves of being in a new place.

My dogs like to de-squeak their toys. I don't understand, since they also like to make noise with them. :confused:

I like the name 'Boo', too.

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Fear on the Phantom Special" by Edward Marston
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime

Post by Madeleine » Thu January 13th, 2011, 2:02 pm

[quote=""N. Gemini Sasson""]Oooo, very pretty girl! Sounds like she's doing better and maybe it was just the nerves of being in a new place.

My dogs like to de-squeak their toys. I don't understand, since they also like to make noise with them. :confused:

I like the name 'Boo', too.[/quote]

Mine used to do that, quite often the squeak was never found.....

Sounds like your training is going well!
Currently reading: "Fear on the Phantom Special" by Edward Marston.

Tanzanite
Bibliophile

Post by Tanzanite » Thu January 13th, 2011, 10:24 pm

She's beautiful and the name is cute! Glad to hear things are getting easier.

We love Cesar Milan - the man's a genius when it comes to dogs.

Elizabeth
Avid Reader

Post by Elizabeth » Thu January 13th, 2011, 10:36 pm

[quote=""Divia""]Susan, the dog identifies with its name Kabiou. However they also called her Boo, which works well with me since I'm a ghost fan and I LOVE Halloween. So I think its gonna have to be Boo.[/quote]

She is darling! What a sweet, intelligent face.

One of our two is also Boo, in his case short for Boudin. (He's a Cajun doggie--long story--and of course loves sausage.) Does Kabiou have a special meaning?

Squeaky toys are great, although ours also disembowel them and rip out the squeakers. The unstuffed toys seem to be the longest-lasting.
THE RED LILY CROWN: A Novel of Medici Florence.
THE FLOWER READER.
THE SECOND DUCHESS.

www.elizabethloupas.com

rockygirl
Avid Reader

Post by rockygirl » Fri January 14th, 2011, 1:24 am

She's so adorable!

My dog is a rescue and still has potty problems. I have no advice other than don't bother with a "pee stick." It smells bad and doesn't work.

Return to “Chat”