Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Diane Pearson

Michy
Bibliophile

Diane Pearson

Post by Michy » Fri December 31st, 2010, 5:12 pm

For some unknown reason, this long-ago-read author popped into my head this morning; since I've never seen her mentioned here, I thought I'd bring her up. I read a few of her books many years ago and really enjoyed them. Particularly Csardas; it is set in Hungary during the time of the two World Wars. I remember it as being a really, really good book and I think some others here may enjoy it.

I'm sure all of her stuff is out of print, but is probably available through library or other means if anyone is interested in trying her out.

Elizabeth
Avid Reader

Post by Elizabeth » Fri December 31st, 2010, 5:55 pm

I have an ancient paperback of CSARDAS and I agree, it's wonderful. I have another book of hers called THE MARIGOLD FIELD, which is also good but not as compelling and memorable as CSARDAS. I've weeded out my books many times over the years but I've always kept those two.
THE RED LILY CROWN: A Novel of Medici Florence.
THE FLOWER READER.
THE SECOND DUCHESS.

www.elizabethloupas.com

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Fri December 31st, 2010, 7:54 pm

Thanks for the mention, I love finding these long lost treasures.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Michy
Bibliophile

Post by Michy » Fri December 31st, 2010, 9:04 pm

Csardas was recommended to me by the owner of a UBS I used to frequent. I've read a couple other of Diane Pearson's -- Summer of the Barshinskys and I know at least one other although the title escapes me. They were good, but not as memorable as Csardas. I think you'd like it.

Return to “By Author”