Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Wherein the Amazon Romance Boards are parodied

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Wherein the Amazon Romance Boards are parodied

Post by Misfit » Wed December 8th, 2010, 12:50 am

Oh this is too funny, especially that poor author touting his book on Bosnia :p
Tina: I just read a book with a small breasted heroine, called Sally and Bobby. Bobby has a nice chest, too.

JK: Stay on topic, Tina. We are looking for BIG breasts. Sheesh. I am down-voting your post.
WBJ: Oh for Christ's sakes! Will you indie authors get out of here! You are not welcome. You are not following Amazon guidelines and you are an abomination against all of mankind.
Adam: Hi Jeni-- I just re-wrote my book, The History Of Bosnia. I included several characters with large breasts. Please consider buying my book. I am begging you.
Last edited by Misfit on Wed December 8th, 2010, 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Wed December 8th, 2010, 1:28 am

That was great! My favorite line was:
Where do these skanky indie ho's from hell come from?
Ignoring the fact that she ended the sentence with a preposition, she answered her own question; obviously they come from hell. I love that designation. When I get my website going maybe I should put "skanky indie ho" at the top. ;)

fljustice
Bibliophile

Post by fljustice » Wed December 8th, 2010, 4:49 pm

Absolutely brilliant! Thanks for the link, Misfit, I love good parody.
Faith L. Justice, Author Website

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Wed December 8th, 2010, 5:20 pm

That was a nice job she did and believe or not it is very much like what you can happen upon at the romance boards. Rarely a dull moment ;)

Michy
Bibliophile

Post by Michy » Wed December 8th, 2010, 5:24 pm

So Penelope reads as many as 5 books per day? Sounds like she's related to Harriet. :eek:

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Wed December 8th, 2010, 5:35 pm

[quote=""Michy""]So Penelope reads as many as 5 books per day? Sounds like she's related to Harriet. :eek: [/quote]

Harriet is well known to the romance gals as are a few other *cough* reviewers.

Here's the original post at Amazon where I heard about this. The romance regulars most definitely recognize themselves ;)

Michy
Bibliophile

Post by Michy » Wed December 8th, 2010, 6:04 pm

Oh, so the "I read up to 5 books per day" in her blog bio is meant to poke fun at Harriet? And I fell for it! HA! :p

Elysium
Reader

Post by Elysium » Wed December 8th, 2010, 10:40 pm

That totally made my day! I've never read the forums before and I think I've missed quite a lot :p

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Wed December 8th, 2010, 11:20 pm

[quote=""Michy""]Oh, so the "I read up to 5 books per day" in her blog bio is meant to poke fun at Harriet? And I fell for it! HA! :p [/quote]

I hadn't noticed that on her bio, so now I'm not sure. I thought there had been something in the post about that.

Elysium, the Romance boards are quite something at times. Somewhere there is a HUGE thread called your darned certain hated phrases (or similar). Oh my, the weeping vulva's and all :D

Return to “Chat”