Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What's On Your Desktop?

Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.
Preferred HF: Iron-Age Britain, Roman Britain, Medieval Britain

What's On Your Desktop?

Postby Rowan » Wed September 10th, 2008, 3:01 pm

Okay I swiped this idea from the paranormal forum I'm on and thought it'd be interesting to do here. If you're not savvy enough to know how to capture your desktop to share, let me know and I'll post instructions.

This is my work desktop. It's just a random photo of fog from when I wanted that sort of look for my blog.

Last edited by Rowan on Wed September 10th, 2008, 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leyland
Bibliophile

Postby Leyland » Wed September 10th, 2008, 3:55 pm

I have a picture of Loch Lomond taken in March 2006 as my desktop background at work. Since my desktop is overload with accounting related icons - please check out the attached picture for prettier viewing!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams ~ Arthur O'Shaughnessy, Ode

Julianne Douglas
Avid Reader

Postby Julianne Douglas » Wed September 10th, 2008, 4:12 pm

Oooh, I'm so proud of myself! I figured out how to post this!

Here's the image from my desktop: the Chateau of Chenonceaux, which spans the Cher River. Henri II presented Chenonceaux to his mistress, Diane de Poitiers.

Last edited by Julianne Douglas on Wed September 10th, 2008, 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Julianne Douglas

Writing the Renaissance

boswellbaxter
Bibliomaniac

Postby boswellbaxter » Wed September 10th, 2008, 4:23 pm

Mine's boring Microsoft blue. I should fix it up one of these days. Love yours, Julianne!
Susan Higginbotham
Coming in October: The Woodvilles

http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/
http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/blog/

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favorite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Postby MLE (Emily Cotton) » Wed September 10th, 2008, 4:32 pm

Okay, Julianne, how do you post a photo from your own computer files? That Photobucket thing isn't working for me.
My desktop shows a panorama of ViraVira overlooking Lake Huayabamba, a Chachapoya archaeological site similar to one we visited four years ago in Northern Peru.

Ariadne
Bibliophile

Postby Ariadne » Wed September 10th, 2008, 4:36 pm

Here's the background image from mine - taken by my husband on our trip to Amelia Island, Florida, over Christmas break last year.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Wed September 10th, 2008, 4:51 pm

Mine is a wallpaper made by a Pride & Prejudice fan. It's from the movie and shows Lizzy and Darcy from different scenes, with roses in the corners and "In vain have I struggled..." at the bottom.

I'll have to see if I can figure out how to post a pic of it.

Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.
Preferred HF: Iron-Age Britain, Roman Britain, Medieval Britain

Postby Rowan » Wed September 10th, 2008, 5:14 pm

"LoveHistory" wrote:Mine is a wallpaper made by a Pride & Prejudice fan. It's from the movie and shows Lizzy and Darcy from different scenes, with roses in the corners and "In vain have I struggled..." at the bottom.

I'll have to see if I can figure out how to post a pic of it.

Minimize all programs you might have open then press the PrtScn key on your keyboard. You can then paste it into MS Paint and save it. I host most all of my photos on Photobucket.com which is free. Once there, they provide a link for you to paste into a forum message for it to appear like mine.

And none of you have icons on your desktops??!!
:confused:

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Postby EC2 » Wed September 10th, 2008, 5:25 pm

The cover that didn't make it onto the front of A Place beyond Courage, but I love it, so it's currently my desktop.
http://bp0.blogger.com/_4gMJoE4n0uY/R8iR7J5ylZI/AAAAAAAAAcM/pSKNSi7n9cg/s1600-h/Copy+of+Copy+of+Copy+of+Copy+of+Beyond+Courage+1.jpg
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

Carine
Compulsive Reader
Currently reading: Jonkvrouw - Jean-Claude Van Ryckeghem
Interest in HF: I love history
Favorite HF book: Can't pin that down to only 1 :-)
Preferred HF: Medieval, Tudor and Ancient Egyptian

Postby Carine » Wed September 10th, 2008, 5:41 pm

My desktop is Queen's View in Scotland. I took the picture myself last year when we were on holiday in Scotland.

Last edited by Carine on Wed September 10th, 2008, 5:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “Chat”