Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Today I Had A Tiny Prick....

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Sun November 14th, 2010, 4:37 am

[quote=""LoveHistory""]I don't get flu shots. Too many people in my family have gotten the flu from the shot and/or gotten the shot and then later gotten the flu anyway.[/quote]

Some "expert" was on TV saying this doesnt happen. Well, I had the whooping cough shot(my doctor made me) and let me tell you it wiped me out for 3 days. It wasn't a sickness either. So don't tell me that getting shots doesnt have some type of side affect on some people.

No flu shot with me. Wash your hands and keep your fingers outta your eyes and nose. :D
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Sun November 14th, 2010, 11:14 am

LOL. Well, that's one way of getting people to read a thread!!

I've never had flu and have never had a jab for it. I very rarely have a cold either. It must be all the fruit I eat!! :D
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "The Lantern Men" by Elly Griffiths
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime

Post by Madeleine » Sun November 14th, 2010, 12:07 pm

Yes, it's certainly an eye-catching title!

I knew a few people who have caught "flu" following the jab, my mum got it the first time she had hers but since then it hasn't happened, so perhaps it's only the first time.
Currently reading: "The Lantern Men" by Elly Griffiths

wendy
Compulsive Reader

Post by wendy » Sun November 14th, 2010, 12:32 pm

I always get the flu shot. This year I also got the Whooping Cough (Tdap) vaccine too because it's doing the rounds in our area.

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Sun November 14th, 2010, 12:58 pm

I had the whooping cough jab when I was a baby. I actually got whooping cough, too, but obviously not as badly as I would've done if I hadn't had the jab! I remember my mum having to chase me round the room, so I would cough and then be sick! I haven't a clue why she had to do that.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Telynor
Bibliophile

Post by Telynor » Sun November 14th, 2010, 6:55 pm

My doctor drags me in every year for mine, there's no escaping it, given that I have a very bad immune system. I'll feel lousy for a day or two, but then I don't get the flu, which would be very very bad for me. Shrug. I'm willing to take my chances with the shot -- from what I understand, it's the your immune system going into overtime building up antibodies to the flu is why you feel cruddy for a little while after.

Return to “Chat”