Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rant! Why I don't go to the HF forums at Amazon anymore

Michy
Bibliophile

Post by Michy » Wed December 8th, 2010, 11:11 pm

All of that is one sentence. Whew! She's definitely giving Harriet a run for her money when it comes to profound gibberish.......

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Wed December 8th, 2010, 11:18 pm

Phew, glad it's not just me. I was scratching my head trying to decipher her meaning :o
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Thu December 9th, 2010, 3:06 am

That Vila lady probably isn't really even writing her books. After all wouldn't an author know for certain that another is in the works, rather than saying "I understand, etc, etc?" If she's not sure, she'd better find out.

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Thu December 9th, 2010, 8:32 am

[quote=""Misfit""]I don't believe there is anyone at Ammy dedicated to policing the forums. Stuff like this is against their own guidelines, but without an option to say what's wrong with the post when you click on the report button no one will understand. If you email them, sometimes you get a customer service person who gets it, and often times they don't.

I've spotted spams occasionally at Goodreads and you click on that report button and tell them what it is. They take care of it lickety split.[/quote]

It's a pity there isn't an option to make a comment like you can do with the reviews.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Thu December 9th, 2010, 6:31 pm

[quote=""boswellbaxter""]You'd think the author would at least be clever enough to find a screen name that didn't match her author name.[/quote]

You would think, but no...

A new spotting of said author today,
Vila SpiderHawk says:
Oh you'd LOVE Vila SpiderHawk's Forest Song series--Forest Song: Finding Home, Forest Song: Little Mother, and Forest Song: Letting Go! These books are PRECISELY what you're looking for and they're available in Kindle and in paperback. I have read each one of them. In fact, I have read each one of them several times except for Letting Go. I only just got that one, since it only just came out. GREAT books! Just wonderful!
How can the author not have read his/her latest book? :rolleyes:

boswellbaxter
Bibliomaniac

Post by boswellbaxter » Thu December 9th, 2010, 7:07 pm

[quote=""Misfit""]You would think, but no...

A new spotting of said author today,

How can the author not have read his/her latest book? :rolleyes: [/quote]

Maybe she had them ghostwritten?
Susan Higginbotham
Coming in October: The Woodvilles

http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/
http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/blog/

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Thu December 9th, 2010, 7:12 pm

[quote=""boswellbaxter""]Maybe she had them ghostwritten?[/quote]

Perhaps it's an over enthusiastic fan who is using the author's name?

Michy
Bibliophile

Post by Michy » Thu December 9th, 2010, 9:04 pm

ha ha Actually, I interpreted "I've read each of them several times...!!" As, I'll bet you did, as in, you read each of them each time you did a revision. (assuming she did revisions, that is. :p ).

Misfit, I hope your theory is correct, that this is an overenthusiastic fan using the author's name. If not, then I can only say this author sounds way too dumb to be writing books! :p

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Thu December 9th, 2010, 10:40 pm

Hehe, someone has replied:
A. McGrath says:
And you "understand there's a final book in the works that sees the character's story through the end of World War II." Did Vila tell SpiderHawk that interesting piece of news, or was it the other way around? You really should communicate with yourself more often.
In all seriousness, is it the ease of getting one's book on Kindle that is causing this explosion? Any thoughts?

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Fri December 17th, 2010, 1:19 am

Just spotted this very long thread at the romance boards if anyone is looking for time suck. Things get rather nasty from one commenter around page five.

Return to “Chat”