Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sherlock Holmes Updated

princess garnet
Bibliophile

Sherlock Holmes Updated

Post by princess garnet » Tue November 9th, 2010, 2:37 am

Here in the US, PBS's "Mystery!" just wrapped up a series on Sherlock Holmes with a 21st century update. Benedict Cumberbatch played the title role.
In one of the video interviews, Cumberbatch mentions Jeremy Brett, who played the title role in the 1980s TV series, was a family friend.
Enjoy the video extras!

Leo62
Bibliophile

Post by Leo62 » Tue November 9th, 2010, 10:53 pm

I really enjoyed that series - kept to the spirit of the original while making it believably modern. They're making some more next year yippee!
listen:there's a hell
of a good universe next door;let's go
ee cummings

chuck
Bibliophile

Post by chuck » Wed November 10th, 2010, 4:08 am

Great new series...Glad to hear their keeping the game afoot.....

Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.
Preferred HF: Iron-Age Britain, Roman Britain, Medieval Britain

Post by Rowan » Wed November 10th, 2010, 8:34 pm

I saw the first two episodes while I was on holiday in England a few months ago and was excited when I stumbled across episode one on PBS. I need to watch the third episode and hope that there is more soon.

Mello
Reader

Post by Mello » Wed November 10th, 2010, 10:12 pm

Saw this a couple of weeks ago. The three episodes were shown quite close together, all within a week. I thought the modern day setting really worked well and the actor who played Sherlock was excellent.

Return to “Movies, Television, Radio, and Music”