Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rocky Horror Show

chuck
Bibliophile

Rocky Horror Show

Post by chuck » Wed October 27th, 2010, 3:44 pm

A "Rocky Horror Show" redux is in production stages....Ye gads bad enough the TVs "Glee" is messing around with RHS...Can they never leave well enough alone?......"Hot Patootie! Bless my soul! I really love Rock & Roll" ..Janet Weiss
Last edited by chuck on Wed October 27th, 2010, 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Wed October 27th, 2010, 3:50 pm

[quote=""chuck""]A "Rocky Horror Show" redux is in production stages....Ye gads bad enough the TVs "Glee" is messing around with RHS...Can they never leave we :mad: ll enough alone?......[/quote]

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Just stick with the original. I can still remember going to see the film and the flying toilet paper....
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

chuck
Bibliophile

Post by chuck » Wed October 27th, 2010, 4:10 pm

Misfit..That is a beautiful image....Flying TP....The best

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Wed October 27th, 2010, 4:27 pm

[quote=""chuck""]Misfit..That is a beautiful image....Flying TP....The best[/quote]

Hehe, what were the other props used? I recall the lighters at the beginning but my mind fades after that.

And just who in the heck do they think can replace Tim Curry and Meatloaf?
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Wed October 27th, 2010, 5:47 pm

I watch "Glee" and I actually liked most of what they did with it.

Meatloaf and Barry Bostwick had guest roles.

Franknfurter was "played" by a short, heavy black woman (yeah I know, kinda ruins the whole part about him being a man in a corset and fish net stockings), and Eddie was "played" by John Stamos. On the show they didn't end up doing the musical for anyone but themselves because of the content was a bit more then teenagers really should be seeing.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

rockygirl
Avid Reader

Post by rockygirl » Wed October 27th, 2010, 7:44 pm

[quote=""Misfit""]Hehe, what were the other props used? I recall the lighters at the beginning but my mind fades after that.

And just who in the heck do they think can replace Tim Curry and Meatloaf?[/quote]

Playing cards, party hats, toast, rice.

I saw the Broadway version and although the actors were great, they didn't come close to the original cast.

fljustice
Bibliophile

Post by fljustice » Thu October 28th, 2010, 3:23 am

[quote=""SonjaMarie""]On the show they didn't end up doing the musical for anyone but themselves because of the content was a bit more then teenagers really should be seeing.
SM[/quote]

My daughter's middle school did a (very slightly) edited version of Rocky Horror. My daughter played Janet. Susan Sarandon came to the dress rehearsal and took questions from the kids. They had a ball and so did the parents!
Faith L. Justice, Author Website

cw gortner
Bibliophile

Post by cw gortner » Fri October 29th, 2010, 6:51 pm

I was a devoted fan of the midnight showing here at SF' Strand theatre; it was our Saturday night ritual in the '80s. The lighters, the toilet paper, rice and dust were the props and the crowd went wild. Nothing like it has ever come around again, it was social networking in fishnets.

Re-making it would be a crime. They'll never replace any of the cast, no matter what they do.
THE QUEEN'S VOW available on June 12, 2012!
THE TUDOR SECRET, Book I in the Elizabeth I Spymaster Chronicles
THE CONFESSIONS OF CATHERINE DE MEDICI
THE LAST QUEEN

www.cwgortner.com

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Fri October 29th, 2010, 7:04 pm

I grew up on Rocky, I remember my mom playing the movie soundtrack when I was a young child. I was told I couldn't see the movie until I was 18, but I didn't see it until it was on video, and was in my 20s before I saw it in the theatre. Unfortunately the midnight showing I went to was on July 5th, so it was sparsely filled because everyone else was celebrating the holiday, bummer :(

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

chuck
Bibliophile

The Midnight Rocky Horror shows

Post by chuck » Fri October 29th, 2010, 7:14 pm

[quote=""cw gortner""]I was a devoted fan of the midnight showing here at SF' Strand theatre; it was our Saturday night ritual in the '80s. The lighters, the toilet paper, rice and dust were the props and the crowd went wild. Nothing like it has ever come around again, it was social networking in fishnets.

Re-making it would be a crime. They'll never replace any of the cast, no matter what they do.[/quote]

Here!...Here!....And with such unbridled vigorous passion when reciting and singing the lines....closest thing I ever experienced to RHS was the 70 plus Grateful Dead Concerts I experienced......

Return to “Movies, Television, Radio, and Music”