Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Tanzanite and Me.

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Wed October 13th, 2010, 10:36 am

[quote=""Madeleine""]Lovely picture! Is the bookmark commercially available?![/quote]

You'll have to ask Tanzanite, she's the one who's so clever at the design and sewing. She could start a whole mini industry!

Actually the pattern is on my website with Tanzanite's permission.
Go here http://www.elizabethchadwick.com/Books/tgk.html
Scroll to the foot of the page to the 'links, blog posts and resources' box and there is a 3 page link to the bookmark and instructions.
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

Tanzanite
Bibliophile

Post by Tanzanite » Mon October 18th, 2010, 7:31 pm

I'm back!!!! Thanks for posting the picture - yours turned out so much better than the one on my camera.

EC - thank you so much for a lovely evening! We had a really nice time and it was great to have a relaxing dinner and some great conversation with someone else besides ourselves (we seriously have not spent this much time together since our college days!!).

As for the bookmark: it's not available commercially - I do the bookmarks for my own enjoyment, to give myself something to do with my hands while watching TV (I'm one of those kind of people who has to be doing something at all times) and to give away on my blog. There is no way that I could try to do them on a commerical basis since they can easily take 2-4 weeks each for me to do and I wouldn't want the extra pressure!!

Return to “Chat”