Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What's the Strangest Thing in Your Purse?

boswellbaxter
Bibliomaniac

What's the Strangest Thing in Your Purse?

Postby boswellbaxter » Mon September 8th, 2008, 2:41 am

I'm one of those women who carries a big purse and who has a lot of stuff in it. Today I was rummaging for something in my purse and found a yarmulke in it--and I'm not even Jewish! Someone dropped one in the parking lot of the grocery store we frequent, and my husband, the king of the pack rats, decided I should stick it in my purse instead of just leaving it there. So today it was still there.

So what's the strangest thing in your purse?
Susan Higginbotham
Coming in October: The Woodvilles

http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/
http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/blog/

Ariadne
Bibliophile

Postby Ariadne » Mon September 8th, 2008, 2:57 am

LOL! Whenever my husband needs something that's in my purse, like a band-aid or something, he brings it to me rather than go through it himself - he says I carry around too much stuff and he can never find anything there.

That said, I cleaned mine out before going on vacation this summer, so the strangest thing is probably a ticket stub from Becoming Jane, dated last August.

Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.
Preferred HF: Iron-Age Britain, Roman Britain, Medieval Britain

Postby Rowan » Mon September 8th, 2008, 3:00 am

I think almost everything I have in my bag is useful. Perhaps the strangest thing, though, would be the Tide To Go.

Kailana
Reader

Postby Kailana » Mon September 8th, 2008, 3:33 am

I don't carry a purse, just a wallet, unless I am on a trip. My friends think it is weird to see me with a purse, actually.

Speaking of wallets, everytime I turn around I am breaking the change compartment zipper. I can't even get to my change right now because when I do it will break entirely, so I have to find one I want to buy first.

pat
Avid Reader

Postby pat » Mon September 8th, 2008, 3:35 am

Ermmm....apart from the band aids, sons inhaler, panadol and pain relief to supply any chemist my bag is quite decent at the moment!! However, that is only because I cleaned it out at the weekend!
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favorite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Postby MLE (Emily Cotton) » Mon September 8th, 2008, 3:57 am

A urinary funnel in a sanitary case. Very convenient for hiking; it gives you all the advantages of a man and leaves you dry besides. Also useful if the restroom is too disgusting to sit.

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Mon September 8th, 2008, 4:32 am

"MLE" wrote:A urinary funnel in a sanitary case. Very convenient for hiking; it gives you all the advantages of a man and leaves you dry besides. Also useful if the restroom is too disgusting to sit.

:eek:

Wow, that's different!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Postby Divia » Mon September 8th, 2008, 11:07 am

"Kailana" wrote:I don't carry a purse, just a wallet, unless I am on a trip. My friends think it is weird to see me with a purse, actually.

I'm withyou. No purse. Never have carried one never want to. Its too combersome. :)
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.
Preferred HF: Iron-Age Britain, Roman Britain, Medieval Britain

Postby Rowan » Mon September 8th, 2008, 2:52 pm

"MLE" wrote:A urinary funnel in a sanitary case. Very convenient for hiking; it gives you all the advantages of a man and leaves you dry besides. Also useful if the restroom is too disgusting to sit.

Where might one find one of those....?

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Postby EC2 » Mon September 8th, 2008, 3:16 pm

I had to think then because in the UK a purse is what I think the USA brigade call a wallet, and what the USA calls a purse is in the UK a handbag? In which case I would have to say gravy bones (little shiny bone-shaped dog biscuits!)

As to the 'She-wee' Amazon UK have them, so perhaps Amazon.com do too?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=she+wee&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=698954649&ref=pd_sl_9htdhkoldf_e
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

Return to “Chat”