Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Author Photos

boswellbaxter
Bibliomaniac

Post by boswellbaxter » Mon September 27th, 2010, 2:34 pm

My personal favorite is of Thomas Costain and his dining companion:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pi ... =fbx_album
Susan Higginbotham
Coming in October: The Woodvilles

http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/
http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/blog/

Russ Whitfield
Reader

Post by Russ Whitfield » Mon September 27th, 2010, 2:51 pm

[quote=""Michy""] The second one I don't think is so bad, really. It fits her persona of a fluffy, fairy tale romance writer. [/quote]

So - what would fit the persona of a historical fiction writer *lol*

Michy
Bibliophile

Post by Michy » Mon September 27th, 2010, 7:46 pm

I guess that would depend on the type of historical fiction. Ms. Cartland wrote fluffy, fairy tale romances (at least that is what I think they were, I believe I only ever read one). So she was obviously trying to look like an older version of one of her heroines, and succeeded pretty well, I think. In the second photo, that is. The first photo, where she's older, is awful, just awful. There's definitely something to be said for aging gracefully!!!!

michellemoran
Bibliophile

Post by michellemoran » Mon September 27th, 2010, 7:54 pm

So - what would fit the persona of a historical fiction writer *lol*
Hee hee. That's what I was thinking. Personally, I try to go for the standing-next-to-serious-artifact look, but then my books are set in the ancient world. Don't know what I'll do for MADAME TUSSAUD. Maybe put my head in a guillotine...
Visit MichelleMoran.com
Check out Michelle's blog History Buff at michellemoran.blogspot.com

Ludmilla
Bibliophile

Post by Ludmilla » Mon September 27th, 2010, 8:29 pm

I like Malcolm Gladwell's electrified hair... seemed quite fitting!

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Mon September 27th, 2010, 8:52 pm

Posted by boswellbaxter
My personal favorite is of Thomas Costain and his dining companion
Love it - looks as if Costain is making some serious, scholarly point to which his cat is listening with solemn attention :)

Actually, it's known in advertising circles that the market audience responds particularly well to images of women with dogs and men with cats-- don't know why--
Last edited by annis on Mon September 27th, 2010, 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michy
Bibliophile

Post by Michy » Mon September 27th, 2010, 9:13 pm

[quote=""michellemoran""]Hee hee. That's what I was thinking. Personally, I try to go for the standing-next-to-serious-artifact look, but then my books are set in the ancient world. Don't know what I'll do for MADAME TUSSAUD. Maybe put my head in a guillotine...[/quote]

Or have your picture taken looking at a wax image of yourself. :D

Russ Whitfield
Reader

Post by Russ Whitfield » Tue September 28th, 2010, 9:10 am

[quote=""michellemoran""]Hee hee. That's what I was thinking...[/quote]

[/QUOTE]

So my next one will be me unshaven, bleary-eyed, surrounded by wine bottles and overflowing ashtrays..doesn't say much about the content but illustrates how it was written...*lol*

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Wed September 29th, 2010, 12:01 am

[quote=""annis""]

Actually, it's known in advertising circles that the market audience responds particularly well to images of women with dogs and men with cats-- don't know why--[/quote]

Subliminal associations. Dogs add strength, cats suggest sensitivity.

rockygirl
Avid Reader

Post by rockygirl » Wed September 29th, 2010, 8:14 am

[quote=""michellemoran""]Hee hee. That's what I was thinking. Personally, I try to go for the standing-next-to-serious-artifact look, but then my books are set in the ancient world. Don't know what I'll do for MADAME TUSSAUD. Maybe put my head in a guillotine...[/quote]

See if the museum will let you hold up the wax head of Marie Antoinette! That pose would be in its own category!

Return to “Chat”