Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hello from New Orleans!

Don't forget to read the rules before posting!
Ashley
Scribbler

Post by Ashley » Wed September 22nd, 2010, 1:21 am

Hi Christine.

I'm close to you - Houston - and New Orleans is my favorite city in the US. I spent a lot of time there before Katrina, and I really need to get back. I miss it. There's something about that place that calls. ;)

I love Ancient Rome as well and the vampire genre (yeah, Anne Rice junkie) but I really should read Chelsea Quinn-Yarbro as well. I've heard really good things about her.

I just finished Alexandria by Lindsey Davis - have you read her things?

Welcome and enjoy yourself.
~Ashley

King Arthur Fan Fiction, maintainer

My writing can be found on my Live Journal, HERE.

Minnie

Post by Minnie » Thu September 30th, 2010, 1:02 pm

Late to the party but waving furiously at you, Nolablossom, from France - eh,oui, cher! Welcome from another new recruit. Bet you'll find it as much fun and as informative as do I :) .

cat
Reader

Post by cat » Sun October 3rd, 2010, 11:45 pm

[quote=""nolablossom""]Oops I just missed your post, Cat! Yes we have lots in common so it's great to meet another graphic designer here! Yay! (Oh, and I LOVE your Clive Owen avatar!)[/quote]

And I've been absent for a few weeks *laughs* I hope you've been enjoying the forum!

I'm a huge Clive Owen fan *g* and today was his 46th birthday! So I often make graphics of him *laughs* when I should be designing for clients.
Book Cover Designer ~ http://www.avalongraphics.org

laktor
Reader

Post by laktor » Mon October 4th, 2010, 4:37 am

[quote=""Misfit""]Hi Christine and welcome. I love stories set in the old west as well. Have a big fat one coming that's set in Old California before statehood.[/quote]

Ok, how did you know her name is Christine since she didn't mention it in her first post?

laktor
Reader

Post by laktor » Mon October 4th, 2010, 4:40 am

Hi and welcome! New Orleans is one of my favourite cities. I've been there 3 times, but sad to say, the last time was 29 years ago! I loved the Garden District, the French Quarter of course, especially the market where you can sit down and have those delicious beignets and coffee! I've toured the Superdome too. Would love to come back and hopefully I will. Great to see you here. I loved Lonesome Dove and all his novels with the McCrae and Call characters.

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Mon October 4th, 2010, 8:30 am

[quote=""nolablossom""]Greetings to all - I have been lurking in this forum for way too long so it's time to properly introduce myself! My name is Christine, .......[/quote]

Oh, yes, she did!! :p ;) :D
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

laktor
Reader

Post by laktor » Tue October 5th, 2010, 2:50 am

[quote=""Vanessa""]Oh, yes, she did!! :p ;) :D [/quote]

Oops...What am I doing on this forum because obviously I can't read! :o

Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.
Preferred HF: Iron-Age Britain, Roman Britain, Medieval Britain

Post by Rowan » Tue October 5th, 2010, 12:33 pm

Howdy, from the only other New Orleanian on the forum. :) I live in Metairie and work in Mid-City. :p

And Divia, why didn't you tell me you were coming here? *taps foot*

nolablossom

Post by nolablossom » Tue October 5th, 2010, 9:18 pm

Ashley, laktor, y'all need to return to New Orleans for a visit! Beignets are calling you! Ashley, start with "Blood Games" by Chelsea Q-Yarbro - ancient Rome, Nero's time. Great introduction to St. Germain and Olivia Clemens.

Minnie - Bonjour! Unfortunately that's all I know to speak in French, other than Laissez les bon temps roulez, which is a famous French saying here in New Orleans/Louisiana.

Rowan - Hello! I'm on the flip; I work in Metairie but live in New Orleans - uptown!

Shield-of-Dardania
Reader

Post by Shield-of-Dardania » Fri October 8th, 2010, 7:48 pm

Hello NolaBlossom. Welcome and enjoy.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”