Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Was RacingGreen, now Leyland

Don't forget to read the rules before posting!
Leyland
Bibliophile

Was RacingGreen, now Leyland

Postby Leyland » Tue August 26th, 2008, 2:12 pm

This is a re-introduction since I decided to go with a shorter screen name that also sounds more like a real name. Since Elizabeth, Liz and Lizzie (all are names I go by) are so 'commonplace', I decided to use a more unique name that isn't a pet! I could have been Kona or Kai, but not this time.

I thought my avatar would show up on all my posts so you'd all know the green British Leyland car was still me. My very own matchbox car gives you a clear representation of my spirit - it's green and it races. :)
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams ~ Arthur O'Shaughnessy, Ode

Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.
Preferred HF: Iron-Age Britain, Roman Britain, Medieval Britain

Postby Rowan » Tue August 26th, 2008, 3:23 pm

Hiya Leyland! So good to see you again. :D

LCW
Compulsive Reader

Postby LCW » Tue August 26th, 2008, 6:14 pm

Hi, Leyland! It's goona be weird for a while remembering people by different names, lol!! It's good to see you here. I always love your posts! :D

Catherine Delors
Avid Reader

I miss the green beauty too...

Postby Catherine Delors » Tue August 26th, 2008, 7:24 pm

Try posting again, Leyland, my avatar works!

Leyland
Bibliophile

Postby Leyland » Tue August 26th, 2008, 8:53 pm

Oh goody - little green car is back now! By the way, I do offer Blue Ridge Parkway MGB tours should any of you visit the Asheville NC area and want to view the beauty of the Appalachians from a fun little ragtop.

I live about 40 miles from the Lake Lure area where Dirty Dancing and Last of the Mohicans were filmed. It's pretty country.
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams ~ Arthur O'Shaughnessy, Ode

Julianne Douglas
Avid Reader

Postby Julianne Douglas » Tue August 26th, 2008, 10:16 pm

I'll second that! I visited the area this summer. Good to "see" you here, Leyland (although I will have to get used to the new name!).
Julianne Douglas

Writing the Renaissance

Melisende
Reader

Postby Melisende » Fri August 29th, 2008, 12:03 am

Glad to have the little green car and its owner back!
"For my part, I adhere to the maxim of antiquity: The throne is a glorious sepulchre."

Women of History

tsjmom
Reader

Postby tsjmom » Sat August 30th, 2008, 7:40 pm

I remember you Leyland! I always thought your avatar was fun!

michellemoran
Bibliophile

Postby michellemoran » Sun August 31st, 2008, 5:27 pm

Looks like a fun car! Welcome back :]
Visit MichelleMoran.com
Check out Michelle's blog History Buff at michellemoran.blogspot.com

Return to “Introduce Yourself”