Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Swords, Sandals, Sex and Sin

parthianbow
Compulsive Reader

Postby parthianbow » Thu January 13th, 2011, 8:56 am

"Daren Mavros" wrote:Anyone know of any yarns featuring Scythian or Sarmatian characters?

Hi Daren, and welcome to HFO! My second book, The Silver Eagle, has a number of encounters between Roman legionaries (prisoners from the battle of Carrhae, 53 BC) and Scythians. *surprised you forgot that, Annis!*

Harry Sidebottom's excellent books - so far there have been three - will take his hero into Scythia in the fourth volume. It won't be published in the UK until summer 2011; I'm not sure when it comes out in the US.

I just noticed this was my 500th post! Hurrah!
Last edited by parthianbow on Thu January 13th, 2011, 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Had to add about it being my 500th post!
Ben Kane
Bestselling author of Roman military fiction.
Spartacus - UK release 19 Jan. 2012. US release June 2012.

http://www.benkane.net
Twitter: @benkaneauthor

annis
Bibliomaniac

Postby annis » Thu January 13th, 2011, 5:23 pm

Oops, sorry about that, Ben! If it's any consolation I gave all 3 of your books to one of my sons for Christmas and he's been really enjoying them :)
Congratulations on reaching the big 500.

Ken
Compulsive Reader

Postby Ken » Thu January 13th, 2011, 6:09 pm

"parthianbow" wrote:.I just noticed this was my 500th post! Hurrah!

Huh, only 500! I'm on 534! nah, nah, nah, nah naaaah! :p

Guess who is the champion poster? Why its our Misfit on 5,483!!! Followed by SonjaMarie at 3,993 and Divia on 3,369! Yup! I looked them all up - sad isn't it!!! :D

annis
Bibliomaniac

Postby annis » Fri January 14th, 2011, 4:39 am

Lol! As I said somewhere else, God bless the train-spotters of the world :) What would information seekers do without them?

Daren Mavros

Postby Daren Mavros » Fri January 14th, 2011, 5:27 am

Thanks for the suggestions *annis and *parthianbow...definitely scheduling a book-buying spree for these goodies.
"One could not pluck a flower without troubling a star." -Francis Thompson

Ken
Compulsive Reader

Where are you Chatterbox?

Postby Ken » Fri January 14th, 2011, 6:52 pm

"annis" wrote:Lol! As I said somewhere else, God bless the train-spotters of the world :) What would information seekers do without them?

Following my intensive research into the postings record on this site, a question poses itself! Where is my mate Chatterbox? Not heard of since June 2010?????? :confused: :p

annis
Bibliomaniac

Postby annis » Fri January 14th, 2011, 9:08 pm

Back in the middle of last year CB did say she would be AWOL for a while because of her book launch, but that was quite a while ago now. Perhaps she's working on another book?

Return to “Ancient”