Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Roma: The Novel of Ancient Rome by Steven Saylor

fljustice
Bibliophile

Postby fljustice » Thu September 23rd, 2010, 6:21 pm

"Ashley" wrote:I love Ancient Rome so I need my "fix" as Cat said above. Any other suggestions?

We have a few authors here on the site who write about Roman times. Ben Kane's book The Road to Rome was just reviewed here. And I'll humbly propose my own book Selene of Alexandria set in 5C Alexandria, Egypt during the Roman era. It hasn't been reviewed here yet, but you can check out the reviews on Goodreads and LibraryThing to see if it's your type of story (there are a couple of duplicates where folks posted their reviews in both places.) Enjoy!
Faith L. Justice, Author Website
User signature picture

Ashley
Scribbler

Postby Ashley » Thu September 23rd, 2010, 9:32 pm

Outstanding, thank you. I will definitely check out the links you gave, and I have read the first of Ben's novels. Looking forward to getting the next two.
~Ashley

King Arthur Fan Fiction, maintainer

My writing can be found on my Live Journal, HERE.

kauldron26
Scribbler

Postby kauldron26 » Sun September 26th, 2010, 4:23 am

Currently reading Saylor's "Roma". He is definitely challing Michener in this novel, thankfully however, he is not sucking at it.

Return to “By Author's Last Name R-Z”