Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rant!!! Well sorta

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Rant!!! Well sorta

Postby Misfit » Sun September 7th, 2008, 2:24 pm

You know there is such much talking go on over here that it's seriously cutting in to my reading time. Thanks a lot guys :o :p :)

Really, thanks to our mods for getting us back on track and everyone for such great discussions.

Tanzanite
Bibliophile

Postby Tanzanite » Sun September 7th, 2008, 3:26 pm

I know what you mean! I've been checking in a lot more frequently than I was at the other place.

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Postby Divia » Sun September 7th, 2008, 3:32 pm

Yeah I havent read in a week. But thats OK. :)
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Postby Misfit » Sun September 7th, 2008, 3:49 pm

"Divia" wrote:Yeah I havent read in a week. But thats OK. :)

That's just 'cause you're putting off Wild Billy. I saw your comment over at TWB support group :D :D

Spitfire
Reader

Postby Spitfire » Sun September 7th, 2008, 4:06 pm

Yeah, been on this site way too much! I think I was going through withdrawl when the other site went wonky. Just trying to get caught up again. I am sure I will level off in a bit.
Only the pure of heart can make good soup. - Beethoven

LCW
Compulsive Reader

Postby LCW » Sun September 7th, 2008, 6:34 pm

I know what you mean! The last few weeks I haven't gotten hardley any reading done. I had a bunch of stuff to do so I could go out of town then coming back and playing catch up! And I'm spending way too much time on here TALKING about reading instead of reading!!

I had planned to spend this entire afternoon reading but now my fiance wants to go visit his family today! Arrrgh! I love his family but just want to stay home by myself with some lemonade and a good book!!
Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them. --Arnold Lobel

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favorite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Postby MLE (Emily Cotton) » Sun September 7th, 2008, 8:59 pm

Yup, I am quite behind on everything. But on the other hand, it has been rather stimulating, watching the web mini-drama play out. :D And as new reviews are posted, I want to read them, but too many are happening at once.

Susan
Bibliomaniac

Postby Susan » Sun September 7th, 2008, 10:18 pm

And I feel bad because I haven't been here that much because school started this week. Spent all weekend doing lesson plans. :(
~Susan~
~Unofficial Royalty~
Royal news updated daily, information and discussion about royalty past and present
http://www.unofficialroyalty.com/

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Postby Divia » Mon September 8th, 2008, 1:36 am

"Misfit" wrote:That's just 'cause you're putting off Wild Billy. I saw your comment over at TWB support group :D :D

Yeah! :D I so dont watn to read the book.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.

http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Barbara Passaris
Scribbler

Postby Barbara Passaris » Wed September 10th, 2008, 12:23 am

Can't seem to find to time to read or write much, because of the new teaching job...I'm beginning to resent it, too! I want some time to relax, and I work for a really tough school system. The US Dept. of Ed has just named them one of the 100 best systems in the country. Okay, I get it to some extent, but these people are the kings of bureaucracy (Did I spell that right?). I wish that my working conditions were better, too...Don't want to go into that.

Hmmmmm.....Could be worse, I guess.

Return to “Chat”