Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bag a book

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Bag a book

Postby EC2 » Wed July 28th, 2010, 9:02 pm

This has to go on my Christmas wish list!
http://www.bagabook.com/classic.html
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

Tanzanite
Bibliophile

Postby Tanzanite » Wed July 28th, 2010, 11:30 pm

I like the looks of those - I think I'll send the link to my hubby!

Michy
Bibliophile

Postby Michy » Wed July 28th, 2010, 11:39 pm

Looks to me like a smart and classy way to cover up a reeeeellly cheesy cover! :p

Ash
Bibliomaniac

Postby Ash » Wed July 28th, 2010, 11:42 pm

My problem tho would be no room for other things that a purse is for. I don't need two things to remember to grab when I am heading for the exit. Besides, my bag now holds a paperback. Also didn't see anything about price. I suspect its rather expensive.

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Silent Companions by Laura Purcell & And So It Begins by Rachel Abbott (Pigeonhole)
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favorite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Postby Vanessa » Thu July 29th, 2010, 8:34 am

They do look a good idea. It's a pity they don't put another section in for other items like wallets and other bulky stuff.

The price is £14.95 on Amazon UK, which doesn't seem too bad at all to me. It would make a great gift for a bookworm.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Postby EC2 » Thu July 29th, 2010, 9:48 am

"Vanessa" wrote:They do look a good idea. It's a pity they don't put another section in for other items like wallets and other bulky stuff.

The price is £14.95 on Amazon UK, which doesn't seem too bad at all to me. It would make a great gift for a bookworm.

I thought it was a bit odd there was no price on the website, but that's not a bad one. I think it would make a brilliant gift for a bookworm. I came to the url via Twitter where someone was saying the designer had appeared on Dragon's Den. I would use this when travelling long haul on book tours etc and would have it to hand on the train with my ticket and immediate needs. I would use it exactly as the designer states in her opening paragraph:

The idea was born when I was commuting to work on the train. Whilst travelling I passed the time by reading books, however when changing at stations it was a struggle to get my book in and out of my handbag without leaving my valuables exposed and vulnerable to loss. I wanted something that would allow me to carry my book and travelcard close to hand as well as maintain some privacy to my reading. Having shopped around and found nothing like this available, I got to work creating a product that would meet my needs and those of many fellow book readers. Bagabook was born.
Les proz e les vassals

Souvent entre piez de chevals

Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

chuck
Bibliophile

Postby chuck » Thu July 29th, 2010, 4:00 pm

Mystery question of life....Wome's fondness for handbags/purses and shoes?........

Tanzanite
Bibliophile

Postby Tanzanite » Thu July 29th, 2010, 10:36 pm

Shoes are like chocolates - there's no such thing as too many!

Michy
Bibliophile

Postby Michy » Thu July 29th, 2010, 11:45 pm

And shoes are even better than chocolates because they have no calories and can't make you look fat! ;)

Margaret
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: I can't answer this in 100 characters. Sorry.
Favorite HF book: Checkmate, the final novel in the Lymond series
Preferred HF: Literary novels. Late medieval and Renaissance.

Postby Margaret » Fri July 30th, 2010, 1:24 am

Mystery question of life....Wome's fondness for handbags/purses and shoes?........

Can't help on the shoe question, because I mostly just want them to protect my feet without being too uncomfortable.

On handbags/purses - well, duh! :D You can carry around all the stuff you need in them! Money, books, pens, business cards, keys, calendars, little notepads for jotting down ideas and whatnot, tissues, shopping lists, recycled plastic bags so you don't have to acquire a new plastic bag with every little purchase (saving the planet a little bit at a time), lipstick (I don't wear it, but lots of women do). Men have more pockets in their clothes than women do - especially the breast pockets in their jackets, which work for flat objects like pocket calendars and notebooks - doesn't work for people with breasts.
Browse over 5000 historical novel listings (probably well over 5000 by now, but I haven't re-counted lately) and over 700 reviews at www.HistoricalNovels.info

Return to “Chat”