Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Problems with eyeglasses

Ludmilla
Bibliophile

Problems with eyeglasses

Postby Ludmilla » Sat July 24th, 2010, 8:09 pm

So... Back in April I finally changed prescriptions and switched to progressive lenses (no-line bifocals). I liked them for general purpose use, but still take off my glasses when reading books or staring at a computer screen for long durations. Anyway, I've had to replace the lenses three times now because within two or three weeks they start to crack. I have not dropped them. I have never had such trouble with lenses cracking like this before. I'm trying to decide what to do before taking them back once again because of a crack that is forming (it always starts from the top corner of the frame). I cannot figure out if it is the frame (maybe I should try another) or whether they are not being put in properly by the tech to begin with or some other cause. Has anyone here worn these type of lenses and know of known problems with them?

boswellbaxter
Bibliomaniac

Postby boswellbaxter » Sat July 24th, 2010, 8:26 pm

I have them and haven't had any problems. I've had my lenses for over a year.
Susan Higginbotham
Coming in October: The Woodvilles

http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/
http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/blog/

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Postby Misfit » Sat July 24th, 2010, 9:24 pm

I have no line bifocles (sp?) as well. These lenses are probably 3-4 years old and I had another before that. Never once had a crack and they've taken a slight tumble or two (fortunately on carpet). For working on the computer and/or reading I prefer to have a straight pair of readers instead of craning my neck.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Telynor
Bibliophile

Postby Telynor » Sun July 25th, 2010, 12:15 am

I had the progressive glasses for a time, but they didn't work out too well. So now I am back to regular glasses and just take them off for reading books. Have you told the doctor about the cracks? I've never heard of them cracking before.

fljustice
Bibliophile

Postby fljustice » Sun July 25th, 2010, 4:01 pm

Ditto. I've had my progressive lenses for four years and nary a crack. It sounds like the frame or tech is to blame here.
Faith L. Justice, Author Website
User signature picture

Return to “Chat”