Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Barefoot bandit is finally caught

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

The Barefoot bandit is finally caught

Postby Misfit » Tue July 13th, 2010, 11:58 pm

I am guessing most of you haven't heard of him until his capture exploded on the media this weekend, but SM and I are well familiar with this local *folk legend*. I believe he's 19 now, escaped from detention two years ago and has been living in the forest in Camano Island (north of Seattle) and making his living robbing stores and homes and in general mocking law enforcement. He finally left there and started moving, stealing cars, boats and even airplanes (!!) and just got nabbed in the Bahamas. More details here.

I'm very happy he's been caught (gawd, what could have happened with a kid flying an airplane :eek :) , but apparently he has quite a FB following with people urging him to keep running. From the news stories here locally it sounds like he's had quite a troubled childhood - but mama's already lawyered up :mad:
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Michy
Bibliophile

Postby Michy » Wed July 14th, 2010, 1:27 am

No doubt her next move will be to try and secure a reality TV deal.

N. Gemini Sasson
Reader

Postby N. Gemini Sasson » Wed July 14th, 2010, 1:39 pm

A delinquent he may be, the kid has to be wildly intelligent - maybe not in a good way, but still... how many people could pull that off for that long?

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Postby Misfit » Wed July 14th, 2010, 2:31 pm

"N. Gemini Sasson" wrote:A delinquent he may be, the kid has to be wildly intelligent - maybe not in a good way, but still... how many people could pull that off for that long?

Pretty amazing stuff isn't it? I'd like to see someone get him harnassed and use that intelligence to the good.
At home with a good book and the cat...

...is the only place I want to be

Return to “Chat”