Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Cover for The Second Duchess

Please read "A Note to Authors" in the Board Rules before posting here.
Forum rules
Please read "A Note to Authors" in the Board Rules before posting here. This is the place for actively participating forum members who are also authors to post news about newly released books, book deals, book tours, blog tours, public appearances, awards, etc. Author members who are active in other areas of the forum, other than in self-promotion, are welcome to post here; those who post only here or who post only self-promotional material on the forum will be considered for deletion as spammers. Please reserve this forum for truly newsworthy items; reviews of your books or notifications of new blog posts you make, for example, are not considered newsworthy for purposes of this forum.
Elizabeth
Avid Reader

Postby Elizabeth » Sat July 10th, 2010, 11:59 am

"Telynor" wrote:I love the cover, very romantic! The only beef I have is that the hanging sleeve part would not have been floating along like that -- it would have been stiff. Still -- it's far far better than most of the covers that have been littering the shelves lately. And she has a head!

When is the release date?

January 4, 2011. I'm hoping people will be hitting the bookstores with their Christmas gift cards burning holes in their pockets! :)
THE RED LILY CROWN: A Novel of Medici Florence.
THE FLOWER READER.
THE SECOND DUCHESS.

www.elizabethloupas.com

Elizabeth
Avid Reader

Postby Elizabeth » Sat July 10th, 2010, 12:02 pm

"Telynor" wrote:Heheh. Don't cut the hair off the spaniel! It's such a pretty little Cavalier!

(My neighbor has a particularly ill-trained beagle that can be heard for miles when they leave it outside on the weekends. I want to take it away from them, they are very bad, very stupid, dog people...)

Aww, poor beagle. (I'm sure you can tell I'm a beagle person and have two of my own.) A lonely barking beagle, though, would drive a saint to drink. You're right, bad bad people. :(
THE FLOWER READER.
THE SECOND DUCHESS.

www.elizabethloupas.com

Elizabeth
Avid Reader

Postby Elizabeth » Sat July 10th, 2010, 12:09 pm

"MLE" wrote:I would guess they nixed the dog because the cover is trying to convey the menacing ambiance of the story, as befits a plot that includes murder. The dog would give a feeling of sweetness and work against that, unless is was a cringing cur or a slinking wolf. As it is, the picture tells a story: pretty young woman, alone and apprehensive, in a creepy, dangerous place.

You know, I never thought of it that way. A puppy would indeed be a wrong note in this cover. The story it tells is exactly right, barring the "pretty" part, because poor Barbara was... well, as far as her looks went she had a charming personality. Heh.
Last edited by Elizabeth on Sat July 10th, 2010, 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE FLOWER READER.
THE SECOND DUCHESS.

www.elizabethloupas.com

Michy
Bibliophile

Postby Michy » Sat July 10th, 2010, 2:41 pm

"Elizabeth" wrote:January 4, 2011. I'm hoping people will be hitting the bookstores with their Christmas gift cards burning holes in their pockets! :)

Yes, I would say that strategically this worked out great for you! :) Congrats!

Return to “Author Announcements”