Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other Queen

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Postby diamondlil » Fri September 5th, 2008, 10:18 pm

I don't believe so. This is the only blog review that I remember seeing so far.

It was on a USA Today list the other day as one of the 10 books people were going to be talking about in fall. Could be for all the wrong reasons again though.
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Ariadne
Bibliophile

Postby Ariadne » Fri September 5th, 2008, 10:37 pm

Alright, Divia, I'll let you know if I get one :)

I stand corrected - Publishers Weekly liked it a lot. Romantic Times did, too. The others I've seen were more "eh."

I finally found my review online at a place I can link to. It's the last one on this page. I hope the URL remains stable - it points to a library catalog site.

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Postby Divia » Sat September 6th, 2008, 2:46 pm

"Ariadne" wrote:Alright, Divia, I'll let you know if I get one :)

I stand corrected - Publishers Weekly liked it a lot. Romantic Times did, too. The others I've seen were more "eh."

I finally found my review online at a place I can link to. It's the last one on this page. I hope the URL remains stable - it points to a library catalog site.

Oh sweet! Thanks :)

I'll check out the reviews, hopefully no spoilers.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Judith
Scribbler

Postby Judith » Wed September 10th, 2008, 1:01 am

I will probably wait for this to come out in paperback.

princess garnet
Bibliophile

Postby princess garnet » Wed September 10th, 2008, 9:26 pm

I'm planning to borrow from the library whenever it comes in. I've already got Plaidy's two books on her.

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Postby Divia » Wed September 10th, 2008, 11:08 pm

My library wait is wicked long with only 2 books in the system. :rolleyes: Brilliant right? Blahhh.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Postby Misfit » Wed September 10th, 2008, 11:25 pm

My library wait is pretty long too but then I'm not in any big hurry to read it. I'll see what reviews come in from the readers first. Kind of curious that King County would only buy one book. Usually the latest hotest and greatest they get multiple copies. A bad sign?

128 holds on first copy returned of 1 copy

Tanzanite
Bibliophile

Postby Tanzanite » Wed September 10th, 2008, 11:28 pm

I don't feel so bad then - I'm number 6 on my library wait list (I think they only ordered one copy as well).

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Postby Divia » Wed September 10th, 2008, 11:42 pm

It could be a bad sign. I dont know. With budgets maybe they are only ordering the SUPER HOT books like King or something.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Postby Misfit » Thu September 11th, 2008, 12:10 am

I don't think that's the case here. Economy's still pretty healthy (we do have Boeing and Microsoft up here), besides I recently put in purchase requests for a new issue of a Plaidy book and a reissue of A King's Gray Mare and they're buying those. They have 10 + copies of Heretic Queen on order and only one of The Other Queen? Oh well.

I see there's some excerpts posted on Amazon, as well as a video.

***edited*** Just read the excerpts. Looks like it might be another multiple POV. I'm loosing patience with that style.
Last edited by Misfit on Thu September 11th, 2008, 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Philippa Gregory”