Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pets, Pets, Whose Got Pets?!

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Postby Divia » Wed September 3rd, 2008, 10:00 pm

I have a cat and a dog. My cat is pure evil, my dog is very gentle.

Attached is a blurry pic :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Tanzanite
Bibliophile

Postby Tanzanite » Wed September 3rd, 2008, 11:36 pm

I just have my Shihtzu Tanzanite (or Tanzy for short). She's all of 9 pounds, black and white and completely spoiled!

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favorite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Postby MLE (Emily Cotton) » Wed September 3rd, 2008, 11:45 pm

"Divia" wrote:I have a cat and a dog. My cat is pure evil, my dog is very gentle.

Attached is a blurry pic :)

Sweet looking friends!
my facebook posts https://www.facebook.com/emilylaurencotton are public, generally things I find amusing.
my passions: fair trade, ending slavery, and justice.
"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." Will Rogers
User signature picture

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Postby Divia » Thu September 4th, 2008, 1:08 am

"MLE" wrote:Sweet looking friends!

Its odd ya know. People say that cats and dogs can get along and I"m like nooo but then these two came along and they do. Its pretty sweet.

I love animals. I cant wait to get my barn fixed then I want chickens, sheep, goats and a horse. I'm going country!
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.

http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

ellenjane
Reader

Postby ellenjane » Thu September 4th, 2008, 2:14 am

My avatar is our 8-year-old Westie, Phoebe. We adopted her when she was five - she'd been a breeding dog in a puppy mill-type operation, but the owners wanted to get rid of her after she couldn't carry puppies to term any longer. She's a great companion - very cuddly and funny. Her name was Twinkie when we adopted her, so we decided to give her something a bit more dignified. :p

cw gortner
Bibliophile

Postby cw gortner » Thu September 4th, 2008, 3:58 am

I have a Welsh Pembroke Corgi named Paris, whom I raised since she was eight weeks old. She came to me a few days after the death of my previous dog, Cha Cha, which had left me quite bereft. She's so bright and loving, and very fiesty. When I write, she sits at my feet. After two hours she nudges me and barks: Time to play!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Amanda
Compulsive Reader

Postby Amanda » Thu September 4th, 2008, 4:48 am

We have a 4 year old boxer dog called Evie.

I wanted to call her Ellie for Eleanor of Aquitaine but my husband didn't like it!

pat
Avid Reader

Postby pat » Thu September 4th, 2008, 4:57 am

We have a Cavalier King Charles Tri-colour called Penny, she is now 8 years old and has the start of arthritus. We also have a budgie called Fergie (a boy), who is a bit scatty, and now 6 gold fish! Three are outside and three inside!
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

LCW
Compulsive Reader

Postby LCW » Thu September 4th, 2008, 6:54 am

I have a 8 1/2 yr old Pit Bull Shepherd mix named Lila (sound familiar?) . She is the best girl and has been my hiking buddy for a long time. She loooves every person she meets but has...um...anger management issues with other dogs. We're working on that...it's a work in progress ;)

I also have three cats:

A 10 yr old white domestic long hair named Zazu who is sweet, gentle, but takes no crap from the rowdy obnoxious youngin's!!

Then there's Gibson, a blue F3 Savannah, who is almost two. He's the smartest cat I know and does nothing without throughly analyzing it first. He's very talkative and I love our "morning conversations" over coffee!

And my Marshall! We lovingly refer to him as our "big galoof" as he's not the most coordinated kitty out there, lol! He's an F2 Savannah, has a heart of gold, and weighs 21tall lean pounds yet still he does whatever his bossy big brothers tell him to do. He is a total love and is the most affectionate cat I've ever known!

They're my babies and couldn't imagine my life without them!!
Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them. --Arnold Lobel

Alaric
Avid Reader

Postby Alaric » Thu September 4th, 2008, 8:59 am

All we have now are two pet lovebirds. They're about 7 and 8 respectively.

As I mentioned at the old forum, we had a pet rabbit that died just before Christmas. I miss her a lot. :(

Return to “Chat”