Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

the old forum is back, but...

For discussions of historical fiction. Threads that do not relate to historical fiction should be started in the Chat forum or elsewhere on the forum, depending on the topic.
Divia
Bibliomaniac

Postby Divia » Tue September 9th, 2008, 11:44 pm

"Leyland" wrote:Ouch! I saw the tar and feather scene in HBO John Adams series, and now have a greater understanding of its painful and humiliating outcomes. So let's not and say we did ..... ;) .

That was the only cool part of the series in my opinion. I found it dull.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Charliekat
Scribbler

Postby Charliekat » Wed September 10th, 2008, 11:06 pm

Hey I found where everyone went finally... :)

Just curious though - why not continue to use the old site?

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Postby Divia » Wed September 10th, 2008, 11:09 pm

Eh, why bother? We're all here now. Besides we..or I should say I want a forum that is about HF and not every other genre in the known universe. I like this one because we can talk about what we all love.

Plus this site is now owned by the admins, so that means they can updated it whenever they feel like it and we wont suddenly disappear again.

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Postby EC2 » Wed September 10th, 2008, 11:11 pm

Hi Charliekat, welcome into the fold! :)

The old site was/is owned by other folks who can make it disappear (as it did) or sell it on at will. This one's more long-term stable because our moderators have set it up and own it. It means that more can be done with it in future without toing and froing and trying to get the owners to listen rather than them slinging a deaf ear.... that's my take on it as a forum member. Don't know if this is right form the mods pov :)
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Postby diamondlil » Wed September 10th, 2008, 11:16 pm

Pretty much.

Also, by the time the old forum came back up after being down without any warning, this one was up and running.

Glad you found your way here.
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Postby Misfit » Wed September 10th, 2008, 11:17 pm

Hi Charliekat glad you found us. As for me, I'm staying here. Like Divia and EC said the mods now own the board, we're stable and don't have to worry about being sold out. Besides that, there's a whole lot more going on here than there is over there. Major timesuck though :o :p

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Postby Divia » Wed September 10th, 2008, 11:39 pm

Yeah no one posts over there anymore. I mean anyone can, but this is where they party is! :cool:

Carine
Compulsive Reader
Currently reading: Jonkvrouw - Jean-Claude Van Ryckeghem
Interest in HF: I love history
Favorite HF book: Can't pin that down to only 1 :-)
Preferred HF: Medieval, Tudor and Ancient Egyptian

Postby Carine » Thu September 11th, 2008, 6:18 am

Exactly, it's HF specifically we are interested in, not all genres.

Charliekat
Scribbler

Postby Charliekat » Thu September 11th, 2008, 2:40 pm

Cool! Yeah I thought it was weird that they wanted the old forum to be about all kinds of books. Anyways, I'm glad there's a new HF one now!

Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.
Preferred HF: Iron-Age Britain, Roman Britain, Medieval Britain

Postby Rowan » Thu September 11th, 2008, 5:03 pm

"Misfit" wrote:Hi Charliekat glad you found us. As for me, I'm staying here. Like Divia and EC said the mods now own the board, we're stable and don't have to worry about being sold out. Besides that, there's a whole lot more going on here than there is over there. Major timesuck though :o :p

I also firmly believe that were anything to happen in Susan or Marg's lives where they absolutely had to give up their positions as owners, I'm sure they would make arrangements for replacements that wouldn't put us in that same position all over again.

Return to “General Discussion”