Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

the old forum is back, but...

For discussions of historical fiction. Threads that do not relate to historical fiction should be started in the Chat forum or elsewhere on the forum, depending on the topic.
LCW
Compulsive Reader

Postby LCW » Tue September 2nd, 2008, 4:32 pm

I changed my signature over there to notify of the move and spelled out the website. We'll see how long it lasts!
Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them. --Arnold Lobel

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Story Keeper by Anna Mazzola & Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager(Pigeonhole)
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favorite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Postby Vanessa » Tue September 2nd, 2008, 4:37 pm

So have I, nicely enboldened and enlarged!!!! :D

ellenjane
Reader

Postby ellenjane » Tue September 2nd, 2008, 4:41 pm

Wow - I guess I checked at just the right time.

I added the URL here in my signature line, but it doesn't show up on all my old posts. I made a post in the "What Are You Reading" thread, though.

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favorite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Postby MLE (Emily Cotton) » Tue September 2nd, 2008, 4:46 pm

(regarding Misfit's comment of pm ing former forum members) that's what I'm doing. But it will take a while, and I'm only hitting the ones I recognize. How about I take the ones from A-C and somebody else start the others? It will only let you send one message every sixty seconds, so you can't go too fast. Here's what I am sending:
Title:new forum location
Hi all,
The forum has moved due to this one vanishing without warning. The old folks are now all posting over at historicalfictiononline,com, our new home.
Hope to see you there!
[font="]MLE (Lauren Sylvan)[/font]
Last edited by MLE (Emily Cotton) on Tue September 2nd, 2008, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leyland
Bibliophile

Postby Leyland » Tue September 2nd, 2008, 5:08 pm

Wow, check out EC's posts on the old forum about the move. She's good!

LoisAnn
Reader

Old Reviews

Postby LoisAnn » Tue September 2nd, 2008, 5:18 pm

A suggestion for those of us who don't have reviews located in other places and/or stored on a hard drive ...

Go to the old site, copy and then zip to this new, wonderful site and paste in the appropriate spot.
I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. ~ Charles de Secondat

Margaret
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: I can't answer this in 100 characters. Sorry.
Favorite HF book: Checkmate, the final novel in the Lymond series
Preferred HF: Literary novels. Late medieval and Renaissance.

Retrieving Reviews

Postby Margaret » Tue September 2nd, 2008, 5:19 pm

It should be possible for people to retrieve their reviews now by highlighting, copying, and pasting.
Browse over 5000 historical novel listings (probably well over 5000 by now, but I haven't re-counted lately) and over 700 reviews at www.HistoricalNovels.info

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Tue September 2nd, 2008, 5:22 pm

I just edited my sig on there to saying I'm now posting here.

I see Ephipany Solutions is now a member of the forum. I'm sure they're not happy with us, but who cares!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

Leyland
Bibliophile

Postby Leyland » Tue September 2nd, 2008, 5:26 pm

"SonjaMarie" wrote:I see Ephipany Solutions is now a member of the forum. I'm sure they're not happy with us, but who cares!SM

Poor customer service results in loss of customers, doncha know.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Postby Misfit » Tue September 2nd, 2008, 5:28 pm

"Leyland" wrote:Poor customer service results in loss of customers, doncha know.

That's an understatement. I followed EC's example and deleted my reviews -- you can't delete the post but you sure can delete the words that are in it :D

Return to “General Discussion”