Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hmm...I wonder what is going on??

Amanda
Compulsive Reader

Hmm...I wonder what is going on??

Postby Amanda » Tue September 2nd, 2008, 4:58 am

I just accidently went to the old site, and the home page is up again, but the forum isn't working. Though the error page has changed.

Are epiphanysolutions the owners? Wonder what they are up too!

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Tue September 2nd, 2008, 5:16 am

That is odd, this could get very confusing for many people if they return with the forum. I know for one I'm staying here.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Postby diamondlil » Tue September 2nd, 2008, 9:23 am

There was always the possibility that the new owners (Epiphany) would get around to putting the forum up again.

I guess it will be an individual choice around whether to go back or what action you want to take in relation to your posts that are over there.

As we have outlined previously, the fact that the forum went down was not the only issue that we had over an extended period of time so we will be continuing on here now that we have the site set up (still with lots to do but functioning at least).
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Postby Divia » Tue September 2nd, 2008, 9:52 am

Well if we're all over here then I dont see the point much in switching. Though the old forum with new owner might have something different, but I'm not sure what.

And at least we're stable here. We wont vanish again, will we?
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Postby diamondlil » Tue September 2nd, 2008, 9:53 am

Absolutely no intention to vanish again! And if there is going to be a problem, then we will know what and why! A big improvement.

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Postby EC2 » Tue September 2nd, 2008, 9:53 am

Very odd. I tried just now and got a 404 error message and the detail that I'm not allowed to access the old forum.
I certainly wouldn't go back, but if it does go back up, might be worth copying and pasting the stuff we need from it and bringing it here... unless that's against the law?
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Postby diamondlil » Tue September 2nd, 2008, 9:54 am

I don't know where we would stand. I would think that there wouldn't be a problem copying and pasting our own stuff, but I am not sure about posts by others.

Edith Wharton

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Survivors by Kate Furnivall & The Clockmaker’s Daughter by Kate Morton (Pigeonhole)
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favorite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Postby Vanessa » Tue September 2nd, 2008, 10:12 am

How strange. Is it one of those 'twilight zones' do you think?! :p :D I can't see that there would be any harm in copying anything that you yourself have written. I suppose permission would be needed for anyone else's. It'll be handy to copy of those lists of the books of the month, etc, won't it.

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Postby Divia » Tue September 2nd, 2008, 10:29 am

I dont remember Epiphany. what did her avatar look like? Did she post a lot because Id ont remember. Personally, I want mods and admins who post on the forum every day to keep an eye out on what is going on. spamers etc. So far thats happening and thats what I like. You need people who are interactive.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.

http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Postby diamondlil » Tue September 2nd, 2008, 10:40 am

Epiphany Solutions is the name of the newest owner. They never posted at all.

Edith Wharton

Return to “Chat”