Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

e-mail notifications

Technical questions/problems? Ask the admins here.
Cuchulainn
Reader

e-mail notifications

Postby Cuchulainn » Tue September 2nd, 2008, 4:45 am

On the old site I would get an e-mail notification each time there was a post to a subscribed thread. Is that function still available?

boswellbaxter
Bibliomaniac

Postby boswellbaxter » Tue September 2nd, 2008, 5:23 am

Yup:

Subscriptions are a way of keeping track of different threads or forums. You can choose how you are notified about updates - for example by having them listed in your User CP and receiving email updates for each one.
How do I subscribe to a thread or forum?
To subscribe to a forum, click the 'Forum Tools' link above the list of threads then select 'Subscribe to Forum'. You will then have the option to choose the subscription mode for this forum. If the forum that you are subscribing to has any child forums (forums within a forum) then your subscription will be extended to these automatically.
To subscribe to a thread, click the 'Thread Tools' link at the top of the list of posts then click 'Subscribe to Thread'. You can then choose the subscription mode that you wish to use for that thread.
Susan Higginbotham
Coming in October: The Woodvilles

http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/
http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/blog/

Catherine Delors
Avid Reader

Postby Catherine Delors » Wed September 3rd, 2008, 2:03 pm

Thanks, Susan, for making the site friendly to the techno-challenged like me!

Return to “Site Help”