Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Upcoming Historical Movies

Ludmilla
Bibliophile

Postby Ludmilla » Mon October 8th, 2012, 1:59 pm

Saw this trailer for the new Lincoln movie on tv last night. I wouldn't have thought of Daniel Day Lewis for Abe Lincoln, but I imagine he can pull it off.

fljustice
Bibliophile

Postby fljustice » Mon October 8th, 2012, 3:55 pm

"Ludmilla" wrote:Saw this trailer for the new Lincoln movie on tv last night. I wouldn't have thought of Daniel Day Lewis for Abe Lincoln, but I imagine he can pull it off.

One of my favorite actors. I think he can pull off almost anything. Checked the trailer to see if the movie is based on a book--Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln by Doris Kearns Goodwin. I read Lincoln by Gore Vidal a couple of months ago and truly enjoyed it (once I got past the omniscient head hopping.)
Faith L. Justice, Author Website
User signature picture

princess garnet
Bibliophile

Postby princess garnet » Mon October 8th, 2012, 4:31 pm

Speaking of Lincoln, I watched "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" on my return flight from France on Sat. No, I haven't read the book which it's based. The author of the book also wrote the screen play!

Return to “Movies, Television, Radio, and Music”