Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What's in your CD player?

chuck
Bibliophile

Postby chuck » Mon April 26th, 2010, 10:20 pm

Listening to Peter Gabriel's new album of Covers....Aways loved GB and his spin on these covers is terrific......BTW Patti Smith has always knocked me out......

chuck
Bibliophile

Postby chuck » Sun May 2nd, 2010, 3:50 pm

Sunday afternoon...listening to to John Coltrane and Miles Davis playing "Giant Steps" and all of sudden my favorite Australian Shepherd "Razzcal" starts howling to a Coltrane solo....Joyous noise.....

chuck
Bibliophile

Postby chuck » Fri June 18th, 2010, 3:59 pm

Currently listening to Little Feat's "Dixie Chicken"....a little Southern Comfort Rock'n and Roll'n

Ludmilla
Bibliophile

Postby Ludmilla » Fri June 18th, 2010, 6:38 pm

"chuck" wrote:Listening to Peter Gabriel's new album of Covers....Aways loved GB and his spin on these covers is terrific......BTW Patti Smith has always knocked me out......

Love Gabriel's stuff, but for some reason my husband doesn't, so I don't get to listen to him very often.

My intro to Patti Smith was Pissing in a River, from the soundtrack for the indie film, Times Square. Have never seen the film, but my friends and I sure did wear out the soundtrack (lots of late 70s/early 80s punk rock and new wave on that one).

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: A Suitable Vengeance by Elizabeth George & The Dark Angel by Elly Griffiths
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime

Postby Madeleine » Tue June 22nd, 2010, 11:03 am

Not CD, but have Muse's "Undisclosed Desires" playing on Youtube, great song!
Currently reading "A Suitable Vengeance" by Elizabeth George and "The Dark Angel" by Elly Griffiths

andrewoberg
Scribbler

Postby andrewoberg » Tue June 22nd, 2010, 12:16 pm

The Grateful Dead, Fillmore East 02-11-1969

Phenomenal show... :D
Teacher and writer living in rural Japan--very adept with chopsticks! Humorous serial shorts and historical fiction graphic novel at: http://drugstorebooks.com/

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: A Suitable Vengeance by Elizabeth George & The Dark Angel by Elly Griffiths
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime

Postby Madeleine » Thu June 24th, 2010, 11:06 am

Ultravox, Return to Eden, recorded live in London.
Currently reading "A Suitable Vengeance" by Elizabeth George and "The Dark Angel" by Elly Griffiths

N. Gemini Sasson
Reader

Postby N. Gemini Sasson » Thu June 24th, 2010, 11:41 am

Latest CD on in the car: Old Blind Dogs (Fit)

Had to be Scottish. This is the 696th anniversary of Bannockburn.

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Postby EC2 » Thu June 24th, 2010, 11:54 am

"N. Gemini Sasson" wrote:Latest CD on in the car: Old Blind Dogs (Fit)

Had to be Scottish. This is the 696th anniversary of Bannockburn.

Ah, in that Case a Scottish battle song. Siol Ghoraidh by Runrig
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFN7akfH3tA
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

Ludmilla
Bibliophile

Postby Ludmilla » Thu June 24th, 2010, 3:49 pm

In heavy rotation right now are Swoon by Silversun Pickups, Fantasies by Metric, Light it Up by Rev Theory and Adelitas Way's self-titled album.

Also heard a new cover of Cry Little Sister (some might remember this one from the film, The Lost Boys) which is making me want to download the old versions of it.

Return to “Movies, Television, Radio, and Music”