Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What's in your CD player?

Nefret
Bibliomaniac
Favorite HF book: Welsh Princes trilogy
Preferred HF: The Middle Ages (England), New Kingdom Egypt, Medieval France

Postby Nefret » Sat May 9th, 2009, 4:53 am

Megadeth- That One Night (Live in Buenos Aires) :D :D :D

chuck
Bibliophile

Postby chuck » Sat May 9th, 2009, 7:12 pm

Listening to a great Canadian Band "Blue Rodeo" Five Days in May....next up "The Band"... Big Pink....Some music takes me to another place.....Where I want to be.....
Last edited by chuck on Sat May 9th, 2009, 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wealcere
Reader

Postby wealcere » Sat May 9th, 2009, 9:56 pm

Vagabond, Spiers and Boden.......The best English folk music duo in the world.
Honesta Quam Magna
How great are honorable deeds

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Postby EC2 » Sat May 9th, 2009, 10:06 pm

"wealcere" wrote:Vagabond, Spiers and Boden.......The best English folk music duo in the world.

Have you ever heard Show of Hands? They're my English folk faves of all time. Love their song 'Roots.'
Just put Spiers and Boden on my Spotify list to give them a listen. :)
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Postby diamondlil » Sun May 10th, 2009, 12:42 pm

The last few days I have been listening to Keith Urban, Jimmy Barnes and Meatloaf
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Leyland
Bibliophile

Postby Leyland » Sun May 10th, 2009, 7:11 pm

Lenny Kravitz - 5 Some seriously good rock!
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams ~ Arthur O'Shaughnessy, Ode

wealcere
Reader

Postby wealcere » Sun May 10th, 2009, 7:51 pm

EC2, Spiers and Boden are the front men of Bellowhead. On there own they just go under their own names and are brilliant (see my above post) but as Bellowhead...............FANTASTIC.
Lickily for me they play a gig in Cardigan but I keep an eye out for when Bellowhead are playing in England so I can combine a trip to see them whilst visiting relatives at the same time, they are really that good.

http://www.bellowhead.co.uk/

If you ever get the chance go and see them I'm positive you'll not be disappointed.
Honesta Quam Magna
How great are honorable deeds

rex icelingas
Reader

Postby rex icelingas » Mon May 11th, 2009, 8:19 am

`Twilight of the Thunder God `by Amon Amarth

chuck
Bibliophile

Postby chuck » Thu May 14th, 2009, 12:46 am

Listening to great the jazz guitarist Johnny Smith and Stan Getz playing "Moonlight in Vermont".....love Vermont...check out Johnny Smith on UTube.....kick back and listen.....especially if you've been to Vermont

Chatterbox
Bibliophile

Postby Chatterbox » Thu May 14th, 2009, 12:59 am

Have just put in an order with Amazon for a CD of recently rediscovered music, a treasure trove of material dating back as far as the 12th century, unplayed for centuries until it was just found. "God shall be praised: Music from the Lune Convent". Heard some of it on NPR this afternoon and it made all the Gregorian chant sound like amateur hour.

In the meantime, listening to Bach's cello suites is keeping me sane while I (try to) write.

Return to “Movies, Television, Radio, and Music”