Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What are you reading?

Retired Threads
Alaric
Avid Reader

Postby Alaric » Tue September 30th, 2008, 1:40 pm

"Lords of the Bow," by Conn Iggulden

Lady Kippen
Scribbler

Postby Lady Kippen » Tue September 30th, 2008, 3:07 pm

Reading Midwife of the Blue Ridge by Christine Blevins. Not my usual time period/country but I'm enjoying it.

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Two Houses by Fran Cooper
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favorite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Postby Vanessa » Tue September 30th, 2008, 5:31 pm

Just started Shadows and Strongholds by Elizabeth Chadwick.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Maggie
Reader

Postby Maggie » Tue September 30th, 2008, 6:37 pm

New Moon by Stephenie Meyer.

Dani
Scribbler

Postby Dani » Tue September 30th, 2008, 6:52 pm

The Tsarina's Daughter By Carolly Erickson

Telynor
Bibliophile

Postby Telynor » Tue September 30th, 2008, 10:43 pm

"Dani" wrote:The Tsarina's Daughter By Carolly Erickson

How is that one? Is it just a retread of what is known about the Ipatiev House, or does it go beyond that? I've heard that it's a speculative novel about Tatiana.

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Postby Divia » Wed October 1st, 2008, 12:08 am

"Telynor" wrote:How is that one? Is it just a retread of what is known about the Ipatiev House, or does it go beyond that? I've heard that it's a speculative novel about Tatiana.

Im on the waiting list for this one at my local library. But apprently my library is very slow when it comes to processing their books so I might see this one in January. :rolleyes: Anyway, after her last novel about Josephine I decided to get Tsar's Daughter from the lib. her last book was horrible

"Lady Kippen" wrote:Reading Midwife of the Blue Ridge by Christine Blevins. Not my usual time period/country but I'm enjoying it.

I have it sitting on my sofa :) I'm excited to read it after I am done with Heretic's Daughter.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Lady Kippen
Scribbler

Postby Lady Kippen » Wed October 1st, 2008, 2:19 pm

"Divia" wrote:I have it sitting on my sofa :) I'm excited to read it after I am done with Heretic's Daughter.

It's good so far. The main love relationship is a little all over the place but the historical details are enjoyable. I don't know much about America during this time period so I assume it's historically accurate. Nothing that stands out. I hope you enjoy it! :)

chuck
Bibliophile

Postby chuck » Wed October 1st, 2008, 6:23 pm

Just started reading Rosemary Sutcliff's "The Mark of the Horse Lord"....She is one of my all time favorites......
Last edited by chuck on Thu October 2nd, 2008, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: word omittion

amyb
Reader

Postby amyb » Wed October 1st, 2008, 7:56 pm

I am re-reading While Christ and His Saints Slept by Penman - just getting ready for Devil's Brood! Yeah...

Return to “Archives”