Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What are you reading?

Retired Threads
SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Mon September 15th, 2008, 5:57 am

"Kailana" wrote:I can recommend some better books on the same subject from my neck of the woods if you are interested. :)

If they're true ghost stories, send me titles, of course I usually get my books mainly from BF, so it will mainly depend on if they have it or not, that's where I found "Haunted Harbours" and it was a bit of a bust. Thanks!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

Kailana
Reader

Postby Kailana » Mon September 15th, 2008, 9:14 am

"SonjaMarie" wrote:If they're true ghost stories, send me titles, of course I usually get my books mainly from BF, so it will mainly depend on if they have it or not, that's where I found "Haunted Harbours" and it was a bit of a bust. Thanks!

SM

I will make a list when I get home!

Ludmilla
Bibliophile

Postby Ludmilla » Mon September 15th, 2008, 1:08 pm

I'm reading NF biography right now: Boone by Robert Morgan, which is obviously a biography of Daniel Boone. Enjoying it so far. I think it was Leyland who posted a review in another section of Morgan's novel, The Gap. I might have to look for that one, now.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Postby Misfit » Mon September 15th, 2008, 1:43 pm

"SonjaMarie" wrote:I'm not going to add it to my reading list because I didn't finish it, or I can add a wallbanged section like Misfit :D .

SM

:D :D :D

Trendsetter! Edith Wharton wrote a book of ghost stories, not sure if they're real ghost stories or not. I have it on my pile.

Lady Kippen
Scribbler

Postby Lady Kippen » Mon September 15th, 2008, 1:46 pm

Just finished a re read of The Rosetti Letter. I bought it from bookcloseouts and wanted to see if it was as good as I remembered... It was! Now I'm going to try and read Now Face to Face. I've picked it up three times before but this time I'm determined to finish. We'll see how long that holds out as Philippa Gregory and Michelle Moran both have books coming out this week that I'm excited to read.

Leyland
Bibliophile

Postby Leyland » Mon September 15th, 2008, 1:49 pm

I'm halfway through Elizabeth Chadwick's Shields of Pride (a first time read for me). What a good story - I'm reminded of a blending of Grace Ingram's Gilded Spurs and Red Adam's Lady in a way. I'm already wishing the book was longer than 300 pages!

Helen_Davis
Compulsive Reader

Postby Helen_Davis » Mon September 15th, 2008, 1:52 pm

re-reading Wasted by Marya Hornbacher and reading Fellowship of the Ring.

Leyland
Bibliophile

Postby Leyland » Mon September 15th, 2008, 1:57 pm

"Ludmilla" wrote:I'm reading NF biography right now: Boone by Robert Morgan, which is obviously a biography of Daniel Boone. Enjoying it so far. I think it was Leyland who posted a review in another section of Morgan's novel, The Gap. I might have to look for that one, now.

I did cut and paste a review from Amazon, but I've read the novel once and greatly enjoyed reading about the working and emotional lives of 'ordinary' turn of the 20th century farm folk. Morgan is a very talented storyteller and grew up in the Gap Creek/Zirconia NC area. I live about 15 miles away.
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams ~ Arthur O'Shaughnessy, Ode

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Postby Misfit » Mon September 15th, 2008, 2:25 pm

"Andromeda_Organa" wrote:re-reading Wasted by Marya Hornbacher and reading Fellowship of the Ring.

Andromeda, glad you found us - welcome.

boswellbaxter
Bibliomaniac

Postby boswellbaxter » Mon September 15th, 2008, 2:35 pm

"Andromeda_Organa" wrote:re-reading Wasted by Marya Hornbacher and reading Fellowship of the Ring.

Glad you're over here!
Susan Higginbotham
Coming in October: The Woodvilles

http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/
http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/blog/

Return to “Archives”