Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Book shopping today ...

Retired Threads
pat
Avid Reader

Postby pat » Sat February 28th, 2009, 11:18 am

Today I brought a book!!! Correction, I brought three!!!!!! I got the follow on to Pomegranet Soup, one by Anita Shrive (cant remember the title!) and North and SOuth by E Gaskell! They were on a 3 for 2 offer!
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Postby Divia » Sat February 28th, 2009, 1:32 pm

Oh! Everytime I see offers like that there are no books I wish to buy. Lucky dog! :)
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Susan
Bibliomaniac

Postby Susan » Sat February 28th, 2009, 5:01 pm

We made our regular bi-weekly trip to Costco today and I picked up two Bernard Cornwell books: his new one "Agincourt" and "Sword Song" which is the last one (so far) in his Saxon series. I haven't read any Cornwell, but I did already have the first book in his Saxon series in my TBR pile. Husband of course asked his perennial question, "Do you really need those books?" and I ignored him as usual.
~Susan~
~Unofficial Royalty~
Royal news updated daily, information and discussion about royalty past and present
http://www.unofficialroyalty.com/

lindymc
Reader

Postby lindymc » Sat February 28th, 2009, 6:36 pm

Lucky you - having the Saxon series to look forward to. That was my first exposure to Cornwell, and he's now a favorite author. I loved both the Saxon series and the Grail Quest series. I've just started The Winter King, book 1 of the Warlord trilogy.
She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain. (1873) -- Louisa May Alcott

annis
Bibliomaniac

Postby annis » Sat February 28th, 2009, 8:04 pm

Bernard Cornwell has said that the 5th novel in the Saxon series (as yet untitled) should be due out October this year (Jan 2010 in the US). I was interested to read that he is planning another novel (like "Redcoat") set in the American Revolutionary War period.

Picked up Mary Renault's "Alexander" trilogy (3-in-1 book: Fire From Heaven, The Persian Boy, Funeral Games ) for a song from an online auction . Will be good to have that in my collection.

pat
Avid Reader

Postby pat » Sun March 1st, 2009, 9:34 am

"pat" wrote:Today I brought a book!!! Correction, I brought three!!!!!! I got the follow on to Pomegranet Soup, one by Anita Shrive (cant remember the title!) and North and SOuth by E Gaskell! They were on a 3 for 2 offer!

Wasnt an Anita Shrive...dont know where that name came from! I am going to have to find the book to gt the right name!
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

emr
Compulsive Reader

Postby emr » Sun March 1st, 2009, 12:56 pm

I love amazon.
Today The Queen's Man by SKP, And Only to Deceive by Tasha Alexander and Lord John and the Hand of Devils by DG mysteriously fell into my shopping cart.

Leyland
Bibliophile

Postby Leyland » Sun March 1st, 2009, 1:02 pm

I ordered the second novel in Jules' Dalriada trilogy, The Dawn Stag, yesterday.
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams ~ Arthur O'Shaughnessy, Ode

Kasthu
Compulsive Reader

Postby Kasthu » Sun March 1st, 2009, 6:30 pm

"emr" wrote:I love amazon.
Today The Queen's Man by SKP, And Only to Deceive by Tasha Alexander and Lord John and the Hand of Devils by DG mysteriously fell into my shopping cart.

Another Amazon lover here... Sarah Bower's The Book of Love is on its way to me as I write. Not that I don't already have enough books to read!

Nefret
Bibliomaniac
Favorite HF book: Welsh Princes trilogy
Preferred HF: The Middle Ages (England), New Kingdom Egypt, Medieval France

Postby Nefret » Mon March 2nd, 2009, 3:05 am

Bought "Helen of Troy" by Margaret George today.

Return to “Archives”