Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Tudors chat

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Postby rebecca » Sun January 1st, 2012, 3:13 am

"Madeleine" wrote:I was wondering the same thing, tell us Bec! Sounds a nightmare :eek:

LOL SM & Madeleine :p
it is a nightmare and it is super hot today....And yep it is 110 degrees here in boiling hot Australia. It is so hot that we have our doggies inside or else they'd perish in this heat and thank God for A/C's. I also bought my dog, Barney a baby pool so when he does go out for his toilet he loves jumping in his pool for a splash :p ...H'es a black lab and a real goofball.

And to Susan...There are so many good performances that it is hard to name just two...I thought the actor who played Thomas Boleyn was also very good and Maria Doyle Kennedy was an excellent Katherine of Aragon...Then of course there is James Frain..Sam Neill...But I did find that as the good actors had to exit the show went down hill, unfortunately and series 4 was painful to endure. But I suppose others loved it!

Bec :)

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Body in the Ice by A J Mackenzie & A Death in the Dales by Julia Chapman
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime

Postby Madeleine » Sun January 1st, 2012, 5:02 pm

Yep series 4 was pretty tortuous at times, I just treated it as a comedy which sort of worked for me! Hope you and your doggies are keeping cool OK.
Currently reading "The Body in the Ice" by A J Mackenzie & "A Death in the Dales" by Julia Chapman

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Postby rebecca » Mon January 2nd, 2012, 12:53 am

"Madeleine" wrote:Yep series 4 was pretty tortuous at times, I just treated it as a comedy which sort of worked for me! Hope you and your doggies are keeping cool OK.

After enduring Season 4 of the Tudors I got the impression that even JRM was tired of the show and once all the good actors left, there was no saving it. I bought Seasons 1--3 of the Tudors but I wont buy season 4...I simply cannot endure the torture of it and all that incessant giggling!

As for the temps..It's in the 100's again today :( ...I am not venturing outside or else I'd feel like a chicken on a rotisserie...and yep my dogs are staying indoors.

Susan
Bibliomaniac

Postby Susan » Mon January 2nd, 2012, 1:16 am

I just finished season 2 today and watched the first episode of season 3. I noticed that BBC America has the first episode of season 4 coming up. I will DVR it and will bear in mind the opinions people have of season 4 when I watch it. ;)
~Susan~
~Unofficial Royalty~
Royal news updated daily, information and discussion about royalty past and present
http://www.unofficialroyalty.com/

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Postby rebecca » Tue January 3rd, 2012, 1:40 am

"Susan" wrote:I just finished season 2 today and watched the first episode of season 3. I noticed that BBC America has the first episode of season 4 coming up. I will DVR it and will bear in mind the opinions people have of season 4 when I watch it. ;)

I'll look forward to reading your views on Season 4, Susan.

Return to “Movies, Television, Radio, and Music”