Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

G'day Everyone!

Don't forget to read the rules before posting!
Melisende
Reader

G'day Everyone!

Postby Melisende » Fri August 29th, 2008, 4:17 am

As I finally gotten around to 'welcoming" everyone - I may as well give a brief intro.

Melisende ~ from Australia
Interests ~ reading (obviously!) - prefer biographies and histories
~ history - preferably medieval - but my main focus is on women

So, based upon the above, I tend to read historical works - fiction and non-fiction - focussing mainly on women.

I write - a little - again, mainly bios of historical women - some are on my website, some hidden away on my blog.

However, currently, I am sort of foucssing on women today from a worldwide aspect (ie: the blog's a giveaway). I am really struck by the plight and conditions of women around the world - and so I blog heavily in this area.

Even of the boring stuff - to the Library (aka: historical fiction forum!).
"For my part, I adhere to the maxim of antiquity: The throne is a glorious sepulchre."

Women of History

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Postby diamondlil » Fri August 29th, 2008, 9:49 pm

Welcome back Melisende! I do enjoy reading your blogs about infamous women! Fascinating stuff.

tsjmom
Reader

Postby tsjmom » Sat August 30th, 2008, 7:35 pm

Welcome Melisende! I'll be sure to check out your blog for recs for my MIL. She's really into women authors, bios about women, etc. She's a feminist except she's a generation too early LOL!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”