Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The best thing today

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Wed January 6th, 2010, 3:26 pm

Oh, how sweet! What a cutie pie!

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favorite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Postby MLE (Emily Cotton) » Wed January 6th, 2010, 5:17 pm

Thanks, guys! She is a cutie. And this morning's best thing (oh dear, I am turning into that classic GRANDMA) was hiking up the hill with Hailey and my son. He let her out of the backpack at the top, and she grabbed my trekking poles and tried to use them -- so her dad shortened them to the max and took this picture. (the adult-size socks are what I put on her feet/legs to keep them warm)

zsigandr
Avid Reader

Postby zsigandr » Wed January 6th, 2010, 5:31 pm

Very cute MLE! I love the socks in the last pic.

My best thing this week (as it actually happened Monday, but I haven't logged on since) is that we got a new kitten. I am really excited as we lost 2 this summer, more than likely to coyotes, so our 3rd shouldn't be so lonely. The best part is she looks almost identical to Mimi who was the youngest one lost this summer. I will post pics later under the Pets pics area.

I hope everyone is having a great day. :)
Andrea

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Thu January 7th, 2010, 5:59 pm

Hailey looks like she's having a glorious time there!

Love the socks. I put the boys' socks on Emmy sometimes for the same reason.

nona
Bibliophile

Postby nona » Sat January 9th, 2010, 2:29 pm

it's supposed to be over 0 degrees.

nona
Bibliophile

Postby nona » Fri January 15th, 2010, 7:22 pm

well I had a 'me' morning. I got my nails and hair done, went to the library and got a few books and movies and some history channel shows I've been wanting to see and ate some lunch. Then my husband called as I was headed home and asked if I would go out on a date with him, we don't get alot of chances for a date night so I agreed it would be a great time for one. So dinner and a movie tonight too. It's been a good day.

Anna Elliott
Compulsive Reader

Postby Anna Elliott » Fri January 15th, 2010, 9:24 pm

So happy your week has improved from the other day, nona! Enjoy your date tonight! :)
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]
Author of the Twilight of Avalon trilogy
new book: Dark Moon of Avalon, coming Sept 14 from Simon &Schuster (Touchstone)
[/COLOR]
User signature picture

http://www.annaelliottbooks.com

nona
Bibliophile

Postby nona » Mon January 18th, 2010, 3:27 am

got to see my dad and step mother for a couple of hours as they passed rough Ok on their way home to northwestern Ks, unexpected visit on our side. It's been over two years since we saw each other last and was a heart warming visit. Seeing them made me want to pack as much as possible and move back to the ranch, somewhere I feel right at home at and raise our kids were I grew up around the same ole ranchers and farmers as I was.

The girls went crazy when we found out they were stopping by here, they colored pictures for them and got out stories to read to them. Since I always send something baked home with dad (step mother is not a baker or betty Croker type) I quickly whipped up Banana Bread with Cinnamon streusel for them.

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Postby diamondlil » Mon January 18th, 2010, 11:38 am

Nona, sounds like a special experience for you all.
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

nona
Bibliophile

Postby nona » Mon January 18th, 2010, 1:08 pm

it was wonderful after the week I had. My father knows all the right things to say to make it all seem alright. It was a great visit though too short.

Return to “Chat”