Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The best thing today

michellemoran
Bibliophile

Postby michellemoran » Tue July 14th, 2009, 10:36 pm

BTW BoswellBaxter: so glad it's not glaucoma. Yikes!
Visit MichelleMoran.com
Check out Michelle's blog History Buff at michellemoran.blogspot.com

Lauryn
Reader

Postby Lauryn » Wed July 15th, 2009, 3:41 am

"EC2" wrote:What a relief Michelle! These days (sadly) it is the covers that make and break books, so it's great you've got something more commercial.

My own best thing? Handed in To Defy a King 6 weeks ahead of schedule - yay!
Then again I have to dung out my study and do other admin tasks - perhaps not so yay!

LOL I spent a good part of today doing something similar - need help? ;)
Even the mighty oak was once just a nut that held its ground.

pat
Avid Reader

Postby pat » Wed July 15th, 2009, 6:01 am

Michelle: I love the new book cover!

BosswellBaxter: That is good news! FIL has glaucoma, he manages it but it means that hubby needs to have regular checks to see if he will develop it.

Me! I have managed to get back here! I have been reading lots, but due to college work and home life time has been precious!
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Postby diamondlil » Wed July 15th, 2009, 11:31 am

Nice to see you Pat!
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Postby diamondlil » Sat July 18th, 2009, 9:09 am

My dishwasher really hasn't worked properly since I moved into this house, and it hasn't worked at all for at least 4 years. Today, I finally did something about it and ordered a new one. It should be here next week!
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

pat
Avid Reader

Postby pat » Sat July 18th, 2009, 10:22 am

"diamondlil" wrote:My dishwasher really hasn't worked properly since I moved into this house, and it hasn't worked at all for at least 4 years. Today, I finally did something about it and ordered a new one. It should be here next week!

Thank you Marg!

Glad you are getting a new dishwasher! I wouldnt be without mine!
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Sat July 18th, 2009, 1:43 pm

Harm and I are going to Tacoma to day to see Potter with a friend of mine and then hopefully afterwards we're going to Red Lobster (fingers crossed).

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

zsigandr
Avid Reader

Postby zsigandr » Sat July 18th, 2009, 4:17 pm

SM - Sounds like a great day out! Keep us posted on how the latest Potter movie is.

For me, best thing today is seeing my hubby for the first time in 2 weeks!

Telynor
Bibliophile

Postby Telynor » Sun July 19th, 2009, 8:33 pm

"Divia" wrote:This cover is 1000xs better than the first. After Nefertiti I was let down with the art for Heretic Queen, though I didnt say as much(not that it matters what I say ;) ) Paperback is very eye catching. I REALLY like it.

That cover is a vast improvement over the 'wing.'

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Mon July 20th, 2009, 12:57 am

Yesterday, Harm and I went to see "Potter" with a friend of mine in Tacoma and afterwards we went to Red Lobster for lunch, yum! I had the Maine Lobster and Crab Bake (3 small lobster tails, snow crab legs, shrimp, scallops, red potatos, corn on the cob and brocoli. For desert I had Key Lime Pie. Harm had Walt's Favourite Shrimp and a chocolate wave cake/ice cream.

The only downside is when I got home I had a really bad migraine :(

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

Return to “Chat”