Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The best thing today

Chatterbox
Bibliophile

Postby Chatterbox » Wed June 10th, 2009, 10:15 pm

Congrats to Nathalie, Ken -- that is great!! It's a booming area, and not just in publishing, so I imagine that she has a fab career ahead of her.

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Postby diamondlil » Thu June 11th, 2009, 8:23 am

I am reconnected with the world again! What a relief!

Congrats to everyone who has had great news while I have been MIA!
Last edited by diamondlil on Thu June 11th, 2009, 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Survivors by Kate Furnivall & The Clockmaker’s Daughter by Kate Morton (Pigeonhole)
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favorite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Postby Vanessa » Thu June 11th, 2009, 8:29 am

Hurrah!!!!! :D Good news, Marg!
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

zsigandr
Avid Reader

Postby zsigandr » Thu June 11th, 2009, 1:09 pm

Congrats Chatterbox and Anna!

That's fantastic Ken!

Great to have you back Diamondlil!

Glad to see so much good news,
Andrea

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Thu June 11th, 2009, 5:22 pm

Welcome back Marg! Missed your presence!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Postby diamondlil » Sat June 13th, 2009, 1:39 am

I was having a massage today (good, but not the best thing) when I found out that there is a new Borders that has opened about half an hour away from my house! I am thinking that I might have to take a trip tomorrow to spend the vouchers that I got for my birthday!

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Chatterbox
Bibliophile

Postby Chatterbox » Sat June 13th, 2009, 1:52 am

Must say, I think the massage would do it for me!!! Massage and book vouchers??? Wow. Could we swap lives, please?

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Postby diamondlil » Sat June 13th, 2009, 2:13 am

Sure. You just need to make sure that today you also do all the washing, the dishes, clean the fridge out and stand around watching some people you don't know play Aussie Rules football in 10C temperatures. Dinner's already cooked though! :)

Edith Wharton

SarahWoodbury
Avid Reader

Postby SarahWoodbury » Mon June 15th, 2009, 1:29 am

My daughter left today with her grandparents for the beginning of their odyssey in Wales! They fly out of Portland, Oregon tomorrow morning and arrive in Manchester at 9 am on Tuesday. I threatened to fold myself really small to fit in her suitcase, but she ended up packing the smallest one we had because she wanted to travel light :)

sweetpotatoboy
Bibliophile

Postby sweetpotatoboy » Mon June 15th, 2009, 3:52 pm

One of my favourite guilty-pleasure 80s acts - The Nolans - are re-forming for a comeback tour later this year, 27 years after their last hit. Immediately I saw the news, I booked tickets and my friend Amanda is coming with me and is looking forward to it too!

Return to “Chat”