Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The best thing today

Postby SonjaMarie » Fri April 17th, 2009, 7:36 pm

Great to hear Sweet!

The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

Postby michellemoran » Fri April 17th, 2009, 9:58 pm

Have a wonderful time in the new house!
Visit MichelleMoran.com
Check out Michelle's blog History Buff at michellemoran.blogspot.com

Avid Reader

Postby pat » Sat April 18th, 2009, 7:49 am

Good news SPB!
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favorite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Postby MLE (Emily Cotton) » Wed April 22nd, 2009, 2:22 am

I just got my new program, Corel Painter II, today, along with an electronic tablet and stylus. Gadzooks! This can do everything any paintbrush, pen, pencil, or scanner can do. I am having a blast with the thing, even as I sniffle through the cold my granddaughter gave me as a gift.

What is making me even more euphoric is that at last, I have a viable platform where my ten years' collection of work on the Corel suite (PhotoPaint CorelDraw and Corel-based CADrafting) can be moved as vector graphics to my Adobe Suite programs (Dreamweaver, Indesign, Illustrator and PhotoShop.)

*does happy dance*

Avid Reader

Postby zsigandr » Sun April 26th, 2009, 11:56 pm

Not today, but Thursday (I am just home recently from a business trip), my daughter found out that she had won 2nd in the Ontario division of the Separate School Board's grade 4 - 6 writing contest! She came in first in our county and then her short story was submitted for province wide consideration.

I was very proud, to say the least and hope she keeps up the good work. I definitely do not have the talent for writing, but hopefully can live vicariously through her! ;)

Postby diamondlil » Mon April 27th, 2009, 12:35 am

That's fantastic! Congrats to your daughter.
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Postby LoveHistory » Mon April 27th, 2009, 2:56 pm

Great news, zsigandr!

Postby sweetpotatoboy » Mon April 27th, 2009, 3:09 pm

"zsigandr" wrote:my daughter found out that she had won 2nd in the Ontario division of the Separate School Board's grade 4 - 6 writing contest! She came in first in our county and then her short story was submitted for province wide consideration.

That's fantastic news. You must be thrilled and proud as punch.

Postby Chatterbox » Mon April 27th, 2009, 3:44 pm

Congrats, Zsig, to your daughter, that's fab!

Mine: the migraine is mostly gone (tks to two shots of Demerol at the ER yesterday), and the sun is still out and it's gorgeous weather.

Compulsive Reader

Postby donroc » Mon April 27th, 2009, 3:52 pm

I now have a literary agency in Barcelona seeking a Spanish publisher for Rocamora.

I had a scare. I discovered on line a book titled Rocamora published in Cordoba, and of course I feared plagiarism. To my relief, it was a 28 page volume of Latin American poetry.
User signature picture

Bodo the Apostate, a novel set during the reign of Louis the Pious and end of the Carolingian Empire.

Return to “Chat”